cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic URL Iview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We need to show language specific content to the user logged in. We have different URL for each language.

We are using URL iviews in portal.

If a Arabic user logs into portal I want him to see the Arabic page by default. If a English user logs on I want him to see the English page by default.

I wanted to know whether it is possible to change the URL dynamically depending on the user profile.

Rgds

NagaKishore V

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

i804463
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Better option will be to configure different desktop and desktop rules according to the group which the user belongs to. If user belongs to a language group = "country" or "language" then it goes to a specific desktop which has language specific pages configured.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

My req is

We are using url iviews for in portal. We have web pages for different languages. Req. is when a user with Arabic as language preference logs in he should see the web pages in Arabic. If the user preference is Japanese he should see Japanese pages. We dont want to maintain mulitiple iviews for each language. The webpage urls are in this format

For englisj ;-- www.xxx.com/yyy/en

for japanese - www.xxx.com/yyy/jp

for arabic - www.xxx.com/yyy/ar

Since only the last 2 characters are differeent and rest of the url is same, Is there is a way where we can create 1 iview and depending on the user preference he is navigated to that page.

Regards

NagaKishore V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi NagaKishore,

I have the same problem, did you find a solution?

I tried it with a jsp script that uses the language of the user as parameter.

I put the script into an par-file but I don't know how to create an iView that loads the script.

Regards

Norbert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Take a look at SAP Note 961793 Adding Language-Specific URLs. As of NW04 SPS18 your requirement should be fullfilled..

Rgds Caspar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Take a look at the Portal Content Translation in the Portal Development manual:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/74/641640b7b6dd5fe10000000a155106/frameset.htm

It might be a better option than using a dynamic URL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Salam

Thanks for the reply. This is not what i am looking for. We have the transalted pages for every language. We have only couple of roles for all language users.

For Ex: Role1 contains users with differnt languages Say Arabic and Japanese.

If Arabic guy logs he has to see Arabic pages and so on..

Rgds

NagaKishore V