cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem installing VC in EP6 - Next button disabled

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I run the installation after the input of data. The next button is disabled and in the labels I see this:

http://servername.:80/VCServer

I search the forum and I know that the solution is adding the suffix to the DNS in control panel.

There is any other ways to fix this problem without being in a domain or having to add the suffix to the DNS.

Adding a line with the IP of server and servername.com in file hosts, didn't work

any idea ?

Message was edited by: Mariano Zenarola

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mariano,

In the Host file you are supposed to add IP address and the servername in a tab-delimited fashion, not servername.com. And then prees an enter so that the cursor is in a new line. Save it and close the host file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi deep.

Yes, the entry in the hosts file is for example

30.0.0.5 servername.com.ar

And is not working for me, any1 solved the problem with this method ? because I have seen this answer in the forum but never a response to it.

Perhaps is a requirement of VC that u should have a domain or use the suffix and there is no other ways to install it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Adding the entry to your host file won't work. You have to either put the machine on a domain or add a DNS suffix. The installer routine checks it's host name and if it isn't fully qualified it won't let you proceed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, Mikael

I allready know that, the note is the 795752.

What I wanna know if there is any other ways to fix this problem without being in a domain or having to add the Primary DNS suffix.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to enter the DNS suffix for your server under TCP/IP advanced settings!

There is a note about this problem as well...

Regards Mikael