cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create dynamic table in the interactive form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I created an web dynpro application with an interactive form for an online/offline scenario. My interactive form contains any input fields, lines ans buttons. I also would like to add an dynamic table in my form.

How can I do it?

My object is that if I save my interactive form as an PDF document, I can add multiple rows to the table in this PDF document.

Thanks a lot for your suggestions and your help.

Marita

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Marita

Try this. For my Problem it was the solution

Kind Regards

Pascal

markus_meisl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marita

firstly, you need to tell the ADS to generate a dynamic PDF, i.e. one where you can add lines on the client. (There are posts on how to do this in Web dynpro for Java in this forum.)

You also need to set up your form template to allow for this kind of feature in Adobe LiveCycle Designer. Search the Designer documentation (F1 in Designer) for 'dynamic tables' or 'Types of tables' on related information.

Thirdly, you need to write code in your Web Dynpro application that ensures that the data in the table rows created on the client is transferred to the backend on the return trip. (Currently, the Web Dynpro context knows only the rows generated upon creation of the form. 'Automatic' support of the back-transfer of the data is planned for the next release of NetWeaver.)

Best regards,

Markus Meisl

SAP NetWeaver Product Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

marcus

do you have an example for this code or documentation/tutorial

Regards

Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sven,

take a look at

/people/thomas.jung3/blog/2005/07/13/lessons-learned-from-adobe-forms-development

Kind Regards,

Marita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus Meisl,

You've mentioned:

+Thirdly, you need to write code in your Web Dynpro application that ensures that the data in the table rows created on the client is transferred to the backend on the return trip. (Currently, the Web Dynpro context knows only the rows generated upon creation of the form. 'Automatic' support of the back-transfer of the data is planned for the next release of NetWeaver.)+

My question is exactly on this. I can add new lines for the table in the PDF form embeded in my web dynpro java view by click a button, but my web dynpro can't get the newly added lines.

Could you explain how to achieve this?

You've also mentioned in my release there will be an 'automatic' support, so that functionality are available in which release?

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Xiao Ming Yang