Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Authorization Variables

Is it possible to use an authorization variable without it defaulting all the data from the roles into the selection (variable) screen.

For Example: we are using an authorization variable for plant, created as a selection option and ready for input. When the user executes the report every plant they have roles for defaults into the variable screen.

If we use an authorization variable created with multiple singe values not ready for input and add another variable with input, then we do not get the default but then the report will not run for just one plant. It runs for all plants that the user has roles for...

What we are trying to accomplish is to have the plant as a selection in the variable screen (without default of the roles (authorizations)) and to be able to enter one plant at a time, even if the person has authorizations to multiple plants.

If anyone can assist I would appriciate a response asap as I am trying to complete a project this week and I need to fix this as part of the project.

Thank you!

Caroline De Laurell

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question