cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master Data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends

We have a master data infoobject and it is used in 5 ODS objects and 10 infocubes and everything is in production. Now we want to change one attribute of this master data as time dependent. I have the following questions.

1. What is the impact of changing this attribute as time dependent?

2. Do we need to drop the data in all the ODS and infocubes using this master data object?

Any suggestion is appreciated.

thanks

sampath

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sampath,

The existing data in the ODS and the cubes will not be impacted by changing an attribute of this InfoObject to being time-dependant. You do not need to delete and reload the data in the cube and the ODS.

Are you using this InfoObject and attribute in any start routine or other code? If yes, then you may need to revisit that after the change is made.

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sampath,

I would agree with Bhanu. If you activate the infoobject after doing the change I think the system will generate a initial time slice for the existing data from 01/01/1900 to 31/12/9999. So everything will work as before. The new valid time slices will be created with the new loads to the object. But remember, there will always be a future time slice with the initial data.

regards

Siggi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bhanu and Siegfried

Thanks for immediate reply. Currently i am working on this issue.

FYI, I am trying to allot points but it seems that the forum is locked for allotting points.

thanks

sampath