cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

index_service user and single sign-on

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone

We're using the DMS Business Package for KM in our EP6 SP16 Patch 2 portal. All is working well, and now we'd like to use TREX to index the repository in order to search for documents.

The problem is... we use the SAPLOGONTICKET to single sign-on people to the DMS system, instead of user mapping. Due to this, assigning user mapping for the index_service user isn't working, and index_service isn't being allowed into the DMS repository in order to index the documents.

Do we have to create a user called index_service on the R/3 side, and assign it read permission to everything in order to use TREX to create the index it needs? Or is there a workaround for this on the Portal side?

Thanks in advance,

Fallon

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We needed to create a reference system, then map 'index_service' to that user in the reference system. Solved!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fallon,

We are having a similar problem. could you please elaborate on how you resolved this ?

Thanks in advance,

Anupama.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the best thing would be the mapping, I thought it would work either the SSO was activated or not. I thought that once the system can't match the user with SSO it would try with the mapped user.

The problem if I am not wrong is that the index_service user can't be created in R/3 side, the name is too long. I guess you'll have to find another workaround.

Gregori Coll Ingles.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your response, Gregori. It's looking like our user mapping isn't working then, so we'll be looking into this.

I appreciate your time!

- Fallon