cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow in Solution Manager (Business Blueprint)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Has anyone used the workflow to manage the document approval procedure in SOLAR01?

Here's my situation.

In SOLAR01, I created and assigned a Status Schema for Solution Manager Document and to that status assigned a signature strategy.

I would like to have a workflow start when I change the status of a document from let's say "Open" to "Ready for Approval" and send a workitem. Once that person gets the workitem and changes the status, the Execute Digital signature screen pops up to enter comments and the password.

I have followed step by step instructions of SAP Note 835584 but to no avail. "Signature_process_start" event is not being triggered.

HELP!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Signature_process_start is triggered as soon as the signature process has been started. Usually the author of the document is the first one to sign in a signature strategy. Let's say the status "In Review" triggers a signature strategy. The author sets the document to "In Review" and saves the document. This would start the signature process and he would have to sign it to confirm that the document is ready for reviewing. As soon as he has signed, the event Signature_process_start is triggered.

Best regards

Jürgen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jürgen,

Thanks for the reply. I am able to do what you're describing.

The issue that I have is I would like to start a workflow using the Signature_process_start event so I can send a workitem to a team lead to sign the document. Any ideas how?

Regards,

Salpi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jürgen,

It turned out that we had some basis issues so that's why I wasn't seeing the Signature_process_start event even though I was signing a document.

what I would like to know is, is there a way I can start a workflow in SOLAR01 by changing the status. ex: change the status of a document from "Open" to "ready for approval" and this trigger a workflow before the signature strategy.

Any ideas how I can achieve that?

Thanks

Salpi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Salpi,

there is no trigger when you change the status. The only trigger which is sent is after the first signee (usually the author) of a signature strategy has signed and thereby started the signature process.

Best regards

Jürgen

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can understand your frustration. I myself posted a question regarding SM security but no reply. Be patient.