cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make top level sales BOM item relevant for MRP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a scenario where we use a sales bom to deliver components of kits. The top level material is set to LUMF is not stocked or priced. The component items are delivery and pricing relevant.

We want to place forecast demand on the system in the form of planned independant requirements for the top level material. The incoming sales orders will then consume this forecast.

However I cannot find a way to make the top level material relevant for MRP such that it creates independant requirements (purc orders or planned orders) for the components in the sales bom.

Does anybody know whether this is possible? Or is the only solution to maintain planned independant requirements at the component level?

Many Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

loganathan_p3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Caraline,

With respect to the requirement check the following setting,

• Go to OPPA
  • Select your plant and change BOM Sel ID to 04 from 01.(Usage 5 comes under the BOM Sel ID 04)

NOTE:

For BOM Selection ID,you can check T.code OS31.

Then try MD01 at plant level and create PR for each items and then convert that to PO.

Hope this will help you

Regards

Logan.

james_mccann
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Caroline,

I have the exact same requirement (viz. MRP relevance of top level sales BOM) as you outlined above.  As you never appear to have received a response, I was wondering if you ever found an answer one way or the other.  Any help you could provide would be much appreciated!

Thanks.

Jim