cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTPS to HTTP popup warning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our Portal is on NW04 EP6.0 SP 16. We are terminating SSL at the F5 Load Balancer. Now users are getting lots of popup warning that you are going HTTP from HTTPS. Is there a way or workaround for this without going end to end SSL.

Regards,

S2k

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's odd, because I found that SP16 fixed all of my pop-up problems. The only warnings left were from examples where I was in fact leaving the secure zone (a link that was hard-coded to be HTTP).

It may the same for you. Try an HTTP trace to see what URLs are causing the pop-up. Then use the same device to provide SSL termination for those other URLs.

Sean

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The cause for this might happen because of some "about:blank" url's in SAP EP javascript files. It should have been fixed in SP16 but obviously not if you still get the popup.

Kind regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where exactly do you see them?

Sean

Former Member
0 Kudos

Give a try with browser options. If you are using IE, then

go to

Tools>Options> under Security Tab, select Trusted Sites -->Click on Sites

check to see if your Portal URL is in the trusted site list, and if so, uncheck the check box that says 'Requires Server Verification.....'

-Dileep

Former Member
0 Kudos

This should work but be aware that if this portal is exposed to users outside your company that not all of them may have access to add sites to the trusted zone.