cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System installation date

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

I want to know whether we can know when was the system installed .IS there any method to find out .Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the date of profiles. Obviously there should be DEFAULT profile which might not be removed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do you check the date of profiles?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You check this link and find out your database creation date.

http://www.lazydba.com/oracle/0__136241.html

The installation date will be the same.

Reagrds

Ashok Dalai

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ambarish

You can look at table TPFHT from se16. Click on the first version of default profile. It will show you the data when it was created.

That should be the installation date of a newly created system

If you did a system copy then also you can find the installation date from there. Because if you click on any version of the default profile you will get a filed "Server Name" Generally for system copy this field will be different.

You can confirm with the profile creation date of START and INSTANCE profile.

But there may be some table where SAP keeps the installation date information , if I can find that will let you know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm looking for installation date of SAP system, too. Is there any table in SAP where system stores installation date?

Anindya or anybody else, did you found out anything?

I think the idea to check the profiles is a good one, but I think although, there has got to be a table, where installation date is stored.

Regards,

Julia

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

try tcode sm62...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just Go at os level and check that avalible .log in the work Dirrectory the first entry will show you when was the system first started after intall.

thanks

Rishi abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you check the table INSTVERS ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes i did there are no entries.I want to know only from the R/3 side .Because from the OS level one can get the creation date .In windows we can see the creation date of the folders created during installation.But i wanted to specifically from R/3 side.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont know if installation date is stored somewhere in sap but you may try to find out change documents for user DDIC in client 000/001. As this is the user created while installtion you may get some idea.

Try SUIM->Change Documents->For Users->enter from date from the past (may 20 years)->execute->Search for the user DDIC and action type 'Initial user type'

Hope this helps.