Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot find the Recv Logical system in Distribution Model

balaji_pichaimuthu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI experts,

Im triying a Idoc to file scenario, the logical system for PI and R3 has been already created and assinged for the appropriate clients.

and i ve created the port from r3 using tcode we21 and in PI using idx1 and Idx2. The RFC destination also created for PI and R3 system.. when i created the distribution model using BD64 in R2. when i assigning message type i can give the source logical system and i cant find the Receiver logical system... Also in WE19 i cant find the receiver port (which i created in IDX1 and IDX2)..

Could u tell me how to solve this prob???

Regards

Balaji

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also in WE19 i cant find the receiver port (which i created in IDX1 and IDX2

You are mixing up steps to be performed in ECC & PI . B'cos IDX1 & IDX2 are activities in PI & WE19 is activity in ECC. So you won't find the ports created in IDX1 & IDX2 in WE19...

You need to start fresh on your IDOC scnearios by looking at basic IDOC scneario documents..

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/SAPR3%28Idocs%29ToXI--Steps+Summarized

-Siva Maranani

balaji_pichaimuthu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply siva,

You mean the port name which i gave in we21 and idx1 should be same???

k what about my other doubt.. the receiver logicail (PI system logical system) not reflecting in BD64 and we19 testing tool??

Regards,

Balaji

balaji_pichaimuthu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hiiii,

Now i could see the logical system of PI in R3 bd64....

when i am sending the idoc from we19 from R3.. A error message "Doc 0000000000724752 was saved but cannot or should not be sent.

Should I create Inbound partner profile in XI side??? If yes the idoc type which im sending from r/3 not configured in PI system.. what to do now?? But i have already created a Outbound partner profile in R3 system.. since its a Idoc to file .. i thought like i dont have to create partner profile in XI..

Please guide experts.

Regards,

Balaji

Edited by: Balaji Pichaimuthu on Jul 25, 2009 8:10 AM

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

Yes you need not create a partner profile in the XI system.

Just configure the port that points to R/3 system in our IDX1 transaction in XI.

Then, just check what is populated in the control record of your idoc in WE19 transaction.

Make sure you populate the correct port for your receiver port field.

Regards,

Ravi

balaji_pichaimuthu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hii Ravi,

Thanks for your reply,

Yes i have created the port (RFC800) idx1 and give RFC destination which points the R3 system.

I have assigned the meta data to that port using tcode idx2.

And I have created port with port name "PORT800" in R3 using we21 and give the RFC destination which points the PI system

when im using the WE19... i gave source logical system as R3 Logical system and receiver logical system as PI Logical system.

now im getting error like "PORT RFC800 DOESNT EXIT IN THE THE TABLE OF PORT DISCRIPTIONS".

Regards,

Balaji

Edited by: Balaji Pichaimuthu on Jul 25, 2009 9:32 AM

Edited by: Balaji Pichaimuthu on Jul 25, 2009 9:32 AM

balaji_pichaimuthu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hii Ravi,

Thanks for your reply,

Yes i have created the port (RFC800) idx1 and give RFC destination which points the R3 system.

I have assigned the meta data to that port using tcode idx2.

And I have created port with port name "PORT800" in R3 using we21 and give the RFC destination which points the PI system

when im using the WE19... i gave source logical system as R3 Logical system and receiver logical system as PI Logical system.

now im getting error like "PORT RFC800 DOESNT EXIT IN THE THE TABLE OF PORT DISCRIPTIONS".

Regards,

Balaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Balaji,

There is no Partner Profile concept in XI.You have to create partner profile in R/3 system only.In R/3 port creation you have to maintain the PI client number along with the respective RFC destination.

While creating partner profile you have to select LS type in that you have to provide the logical system name which has been assainged to the client which you are using.

Pleae make sure that you are assaigning the correct client in the Prot and Partner profile creation.

Regards,

Raju.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cross check your distribution model go to your distribution and check whether it has been distrubuted or not

There is an option where you can cross check the distribution model i.e generate which will cross check the same and creates the needed port /partner profile if not already created...

Also distrubtion model is needed in case if need to send master idocs (i.e debmas,matmas,cremas...)

for other cases this wont work.. i.e process of generating the idoc is different

HTH

Rajesh

Answers (0)