Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

remote debug logon

alanmcshane
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

System: NW CE Java AS 7.20.3301.260216.20090513215710 - developer installation, single instance

I have debugged before on a local server but now need to debug a 7.2 system on a machine on the SAP LAN. I can control the system fine in the SAP Management perspective + can set the server0 node to debug mode okay.

I am following the steps in the (7.11) procedure documented at http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce10/helpdata/en/45/e4fa02855c2e97e10000000a155369/frameset.htm

After selecting the server0 process and "Start debug session..." I get asked for credentials. I am definitely supplying the correct administrator logon info but authentication is failing.

ie. failing at step 4 in "Enabling the debug mode" procedure

4. In the Logon Data dialog box, enter the SAP system administrator credentials, and choose OK.

Any ideas?

thanks,

Alan

More info:

NWDS generates the error message :

The following operation failed: Start new debug session operation

Reason: Exception caught

com.sap.managementconsole.operations.AuthorizedOperation$AuthorizationException: Login Information Needed!

at com.sap.managementconsole.operations.AuthorizedOperation.execute(AuthorizedOperation.java:75)

at com.sap.managementconsole.common.DataLoader.executeAllQueuedOperations(DataLoader.java:586)

at com.sap.managementconsole.common.ThreadPoolDataLoader$DataLoaderTask.execute(ThreadPoolDataLoader.java:130)

at com.sap.managementconsole.common.ThreadPoolManager$ThreadPoolElement.run(ThreadPoolManager.java:276)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:678)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

alanmcshane
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

update - using the windows login for the LAN server works, I was using the NW administrator username and password

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alan,

Im having trouble starting a debug session, I have this error "Start new debug session operation failed for node Process Table". Im using the OS user and password with admin rights. I dont know where to caught the exception to see more details. Please how to you see the exception?

Thanks

Regards

SU

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alan,

Im having trouble starting a debug session, I have this error "Start new debug session operation failed for node Process Table". Im using the OS user and password with admin rights. I dont know where to caught the exception to see more details. Please how to you see the exception?

Thanks

Regards

SU