cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

--reatrieval of values from backend -- HCM Process and Forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement ,When user selects the entry the other drop downs ...should be changed automatcially.

to be specific the the drop are not linked any where..means the check tables are not linked.

when i select the firs drop down,the drop values of the second one should be populated based on some logic.

Scenario:

When the user selects the position in the drop down,the value of the Personnel area drop down and personnel sub area should be populated ,the value of personnel are and Personnel sub area should be Retrieved from the position infotype 1008.

Kindly suggest the ways how it can be developed and what are the development needs

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You'll have to put some code behind the first dropdown in the CLICK event to read its value .

Then, set the values of the other drop downs based on it.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nachy,

Have a look [here|http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/43/7a667df4ad6fc9e10000000a1553f6/content.htm].

Chintan

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hahahaha Man, I have had to do this and things similar soooo many times. You will just learn through experience.

I will say you will have at the least a generic service and User Event behind that.

Past that, I have my own little secrets that I will not share of how to make it SUPER slick. haha

Have fun with it. This should REALLY teach you a lot about generic services and user events and form design. 😃

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Chris Solomon,

To do this do i need to write some code..or it can be done customizing user events and Generic services,

Kindly help me out...im in a hot seat....now...