cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hi expert, i am new i want to know how to start business object

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am working in sap b1. i want to use business object for my client.

how to use and code in that if any one give ans very appreciate.

how use excel in that.

how to connect database with map and how to use selectors.

how to use chart and connect with database

Regards

RajkumarGupta

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

you can download all documents related to bo from help.sap.com. in that select business objects tab-> select all products -> from drop down list box select businessobjects-> based on requirement i.e. which version you want you can get all docs.

If I understand correctly I think you want to create a report form excel. If that is the case then download Desktop Intelligence docs w.r.to our version and start practicing it.

Thanks & Regards,

Suresh Aluri.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to download the BO material (Designer, Desktop intelligence) document from this site.

This will help you to understand how you can create a universe form Excel file or create a report in Deski through Excel file.

If you are using web Intelligence you cannot connect to the Excel file for report creation. Webi Can only have universe as a Data source.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Rajkumar,

You may want to consider taking some Universe Designer (and WebIntelligence) training at your regional Business Objects training center/s as these questions as they may become a bit involved to address here. They do take some time but will provide you a good foundation to build your development skills up from.

~Joe Szabo

Edited by: Joe Szabo on Jul 29, 2009 4:14 PM

PPaolo
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

at the link below you can find a very short demo which will introduce the basic workflow of Universe creation:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/boc/webi-standalone?rid=/library/uuid/e02af107-fc88-2b10-a5a1-c4433e9bd1...

Regards

PPaolo

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for reply joe

if u could provide some notes highly appriated .

Regards

Rajkumar Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here is another URL for OLAP universes demos:

<li>[How to Build, Customize and Consume Universes with Web Intelligence and XCelsius|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70919833-6682-2b10-9a93-9d984e1f3bda]

Didier