cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget tolerance limit

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have created a project. I have WBSE, activities, material components attached to it. Cost is plan is done based on the my project plant.

Budget allocation & release is done. Avaialability control is getting activiate once I do budget allocation in CJ30 (In OPS9, I have set, I have set activation type "1", Overall & Releases are also selected) .

Person responsible is assigned to the WBSE. Tolerance limit is specified in the SPRO settings. For exceeding 80% budget "Warning", for excedding 90% budget "warning with e-mail to person responsible", for trying to exceed 100% "Error".

Availability control is active for all activity groups, i.e. "++" (PR, PO, Order for project, GI, etc..)

In OKKP,Change Commit Management is set as Active.

System is allowing to create PR for the amount more than the budget, it's allowing to create PO & also to do GR.

1. System is not giving any warning.

2. System is not sending any e-mail to the person responsible

3. System is not throwing any error

Suggest me where the things might not be working.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When both Over all and the Releases are check marked in the budget Profile then follow the Procedure below:

1) Create Project

2) Carry out Budgeting in CJ30

3) Carry out Budget Release in CJ32

4) Create the Commitments.

This should allow you to for the availability control.

Because as per your settings the availability control is happening on the Overall budget released in CJ32.

Hope it helps.,

Thanks!!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

2. System is not sending any e-mail to the person responsible

This is possible with business work place ( SBWP)

To achive this you need to do some settings

1.OPS6 - Created Person responsible ( in that enter your SAP ID as office user)

2.CJ20N - Maintained person responsible in Projects (WBS Elements)( the same you created in previous step)

So whenever you are getting error message or warning message it will goto your business work place.

3.Business Work Place - Maintained you email address for auto forward function

In order to do that select the menu path settings -->office settings -->automatic forwarding

Click create button

Enter your mail address in forward to field and select U-->Inetrnet address and enter the time period.

after this above settings ask your basis consultant to check the mail sending related settings in SCOT t code.

If you carry out all the above steps the mail automatically reach your mail box.

Please check and replay back

Thanks

S.Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amaresh,

If you are creating PR for stock items (account assignment category Q), the G/L account which gets determined in PR is balance sheet item. If this G/L does not have statistical cost element created, this PR (or PO at later stage) does not generate any commitment and hence, not considered for availability control.

It might help.

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rahul

I'm creating PR for non-stock material.

I'm using internal activity & I'm attaching material component to it (Item category N).

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amaresh,

Check this[ thread |;on the same issue.

And for triggering the email to the person responsible of the WBSE you need to maintain the SAP user id of the person responsible in customization, transaction code OPS6. There is a field office user in that field you mention the user id of the person responible. This you will have to maintain the testing client, not in the customizing client, since the userids may not be available there.

Note that this mail will trigger in SAP mail box only. And this will be done once the Availability control works.

Regards,

Praveen