cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Movements

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

Is there a way to see the material movements from the stock inventory cube (0IC_C03). This used to be a key figure in the query on the cube 0IC_C01 but I am unable to locate a similiar report on the C03 cube.

Thanks in advance....all helpful responses promised points!

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pranav

As you said Material movements query will come only from the cube 0IC_C01. Please check this query

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/42/5959394ddcdd46bc73ea9b58930a4e/content.htm

The infocube 0IC_C03 will give stocks and inventory.

Hope this helps

Thnaks

sat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sat

When i am pulling the data for the infosources BX , BF and UM does it automatically get updated into this cube or does this cube require a seperate setup ?

I had already installed the query 0IC_C01_Q0016 but it does not show me any selection for the data since there is no data in the cube. What is the procedure to setup this cube. Also the query shows the number of material movements. My requirement is to get the material movements as a parameter so that i can slice or dice the data based on the material movement.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pranav

Hope you might have seen this document

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/0ea8a990-0201-0010-2796-fa9...

The infocube 0ic_c03 automatically will get filled from the infosources you mentioned. Please see this link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/5b/8dc73cee4fb55be10000000a114084/content.htm

What help says is from 3.0b onwards we have to use infocube 0IC_C03 FOR Material Movements instead of 0ic_c01. Please check this

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/75/b96f371db63568e10000009b38f8cf/content.htm

Hope this helps

Thnaks

Sat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sat

I have setup the 0IC_C03 cube and I am able to generate queries on it.

However my requirement was from the point of view of Material Movements specifically. In the inventory cube if i want to use the movement type as one of the parameters then what is the way to do it. i.e. where and how do i get material movements from the C03 cube?

Regards

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

you have to add in the cube the infobject 0movetype, that is filled by the DS 2lis_03_bf with the R/3 field mseg-BWART

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex

This sounds intersting..will i also have to enhance the data sources or simply enhance the cube?

What happens to the historical data for the cube for this infoobject once i have added this to the cube?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

you have to enhance only the cube.

the historical data will have blank 0movetype field in the cube so you have to reload data in the cube..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex

I tried to add the infoonject 0movetype as a dimension in the cube. The cube was activated but i am get errors when i try to generate the transfer rules for this dimension.

Please help

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

perhaps when you generate the update rule for 2lis_03_bx, because it doesn't have 0movetype field.. so set ONLY for BX 0movetype as inital value (BF and UM should have 0movetype in the infosourcce)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex

I am new to the BW area so I am unable to understand the setting for BX for initial value.

As you correctly pointed out, the error is with BX only. The BF and UM data sources were activated without any problems. Where do i have to make the setting for BX?

....Sorry I managed to do this.. its working fine....i am able to pull the data into the cube but it is giving me a dump when i try to run the query!

Message was edited by: Pranav Kumar

Message was edited by: Pranav Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

what type of dump ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

When i run the query it shows a dump and the run time error 440.

On going into ST22 on the BW system the error is shown as

Runtime Error UNCAUGHT_EXCEPTION

Except. CX_RSR_X_MESSAGE

Is this a problem with the query or with the data in the cube?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranav,

I have the same requirements like yours. I have created seperate ODS where i could capture material movements information with BF. And i use 0IC+C03 only for current stock information.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Bhuvana.

Answers (0)