cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS in...Logistic and Financial

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hellow......

I have one doubt.....reagrding PS MODULE PLACE.

We can see.....PSMODULE IN LOGISTIC and FINANCIAL...in SAP HELP.

Is their any specific reason to place PS MODULE IN both division.

Thanx

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Both are very important for PS module

Using PS logistics you can do the procurement, production , selling and maintenance activities. But at the starting and end point is is PS financial onl.

You need money for procuring the goods and during production you need finance for labors and other activities and once you sold the goods the settlement of the finished goods.

So both are integrated very closly you cannot spilt into SAP PS financial and logistics.

Thanks

S.Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

I am not really sure why it is so. But, I can tell you from my experience that the scope of PS module is broadly split into two parts - Project Logistics (which covers activities like procurement, production for projects, project sales, etc. i.e. integration aspects with MM, PP, SD and PM modules) and Project Accounting (which covers activities like project costing, controlling, budget control, capitalization, etc. i.e. integration with CO, FI, IM, AM modules). So it makes sense to make this module available under these major areas of R/3 or ECC.

The another fact which substantiate this design is that - generally projects cut across functions, hence one cannot say if it comes under Logistics alone or Financials alone.

Neverthless, it hardly matters where the module is placed, as far as its usage or functionality remain unchanged.

Trust this helps.

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Rahul

Thanx for reply,even i was thinking same.

Regards