cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query status of support message to define a schedule condition

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts!

I have read a lot of documentation and done a lot of custumizing about this topic but this one is driving me nuts for days now.

I am trying to query a certain status of a support message to use it for scheduling an (mail)action.

The deal is I am able to query every status of a support message except the values "Sent automatically to SAP" (E0011) and "Escalated" (E0009).

[See picture|http://i31.tinypic.com/nq6afn.jpg]

Somehow those two status are not user status but something else.

Even the document is in status "Sent to SAP" (E0004) AND "Sent to SAP automatically" (E0011) an action will not be scheduled if the schedule condition is set to "user_status = E0011" or "user_status = E0011 AND user_status = E0004"

I have been also playing around with container element AUTO_STATUS (reference TJ30 | ESTAT or datatype CRM_J_STATUS or datatype CRMT_STATUS)

No success yet.

Anyone got a solution for this one?

Is it possible to retrieve those status without custom developement?

Thanks in advance

Christian Kaunzner

PS: I already know the email configuration guides which are available for Service Desk / VARs

@Mrs. Popp: thanks for setting back all those test messages to customer action!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

frank_wagner2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

sounds strange, status should be available like any other external status.

Just a try:

execute function 'CRM_STATUS_READ_OW' with the guid of a document within one of these status.

It should return correct external status number - if not you may have another status schema assigned to this document (maybe an old schema).

regards,

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

thanks for your answer. I will try the function you mentioned.

As for the two status values I guess it might has something to do with the order number? If you have a look at the second screen shot you will notice that those two status are listed under "further status". All others are listed under "status" (left hand side).

The status profile is correct.

Will let you know what the function returend.

Regards,

Christian

frank_wagner2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

they are in the right side because technical they are user status, or external status (left side contains internal - fixed status).

When you try to add this to a PPF condition you have to include status profile id within your constant (this is different for system status where you could have only one value).

For example:

&CRM Service Process.User Status& ]*[ E<STATUSID><PROFILE-ID>]

&CRM Service Process.User Status& [*] E0011ZDMJHEAD

Regards,

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

thanks again for your reply.

I know that I have to add the status profile if I want to check for user status. Already tried that without success for E0009 and E0011.

I just executed the function module you mentioned with the GUID of my support message (see Result)

[Result|http://i27.tinypic.com/de625v.jpg] (sorry for the german screen shot.)

Furthermore I created a test action which can be executed via toolbar if user status is E0009 or (E0009 AND E0002).

Schedule condition is shown in the pic, too.

My test message is in status E0002 and E0009 as shown in Result picture but the action is not available via toolbar.

Taking this into account I am pretty sure E0009 and E0011 are not user status but something else.

What do you think?

Regards

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just tested this in a second Sol Man system. Same result.

frank_wagner2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

no problem with german screenshots - I'm german, too...

As you can see from second line of the function call result E0009 is a normal external status. It is normal that more than one status can be active at same time. I think the field user status (within CRM Service transaction business object) contains both entries (you can check it with transaction SWO1 if you know it).

You created your condition with equal sign - try to change it to contains pattern (last button, left side within conditions dialog).

Regards,

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the suggestion.

In document status "In Process" and "Escalated" I tried using [*] E0009SLFC0001 but the action was not scheduled.

When using [*] E0002SLFC0001 the action showed up.

I got no idea why this is not working and I am wondering if I am the first person who tries to query those two status.

All other status are working so I guess it is not my mistake.

Thanks though.

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christiane,

If you want to trigger a mail.on E0009 then..define an action with schedule automatically option attaching the smartform

and in the Start condition

&CRM Service Process.User Status& = E0009SLFC0001

Now post a new ticket run the cycle and see if the email is triggered.

Try this and let me know if it works

Regards

Prakhar

Edited by: Prakhar Saxena on Jul 27, 2009 2:24 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

my final goal is to trigger a mail when status is "E0002" (in process) AND "E0011" ("aut. forwarding to SAP" is active).

For testing porpuses I am using E0009 and a (non-automatic) action which should be available via toolbar.

I already tried many conditions including:

&CRM Service Process.User Status& = E0009SLFC0001

&CRM Service Process.User Status& = E0009SLFC0001 AND &CRM Service Process.User Status& = E0002SLFC0001

&CRM Service Process.User Status& [*] E0009SLFC0001

&CRM Service Process.User Status& [*] E0009++++++++

Non of these are working.

When using:

&CRM Service Process.User Status& [*] E0002SLFC0001

or

&CRM Service Process.User Status& = E0002SLFC0001

the action is available. So the syntax of the schedule condition is correct. Just for some reason E0009 and E0011 are not handled the same way other status are.

Basically this is the way it should work and it is working for all status E0001, E0002, E0003, .... except E0009 and E0011.

In your system could you please try to schedule an action using E0009 only?

Thanks in advance

Edited by: Christian Kaunzner on Jul 27, 2009 11:04 AM

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christiane,

I think something is wrong in ur status profile.

Check/compare the status attributes by double clicking the status for E0002 & E0009.

or better

Can you copy the In process/E0002 status and create a new one for you and then trigger a mail for this

It should work definately,if it is working for rest.

I dont hav Test system right now that is why cant check but pls do the way i suggested it shd work.

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

the status profile is SLFC0001 (default for corporate messages) and is absolutely unchanged.

I compared the status attributes:

PROC (E0002)

To be distributed: Forbidden, No action

ESKL (E0009)

Set to Open: No Influence, Set

AFAK (E0011)

The only real difference between those two and all others are status number, lowest, highest, position and priority which do not exist for E0009 and E0011 (like also shown in the screen shot).

Maybe the "missing" order number is the problem. Probably the two status without order number do not have the same "quality rating" than the ones with status number. Just a guess though.

Copying status and scheduling actions is not the problem here. Using any status in schedule condition (beside the two suspects) works.

I got this phenomenom in at least 2 different systems.

Regards

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think the problem is the container parameter you are using. The further status values are not passed in field "UserStatus". Instead, use field "StatusTable". For my actions, I defined something like:

&CRM Service Process.StatusTable& NE E0014ZDCRHEAD

and &CRM Service Process.StatusTable& NE E0021ZDCRHEAD

and &CRM Service Process.User Status& u2260 E0005ZDCRHEAD

Try this.

Kind regards,

Emanuel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Emanuel,

thanks a lot for your input. Those two status 'not being' user status is what I assumed.

Using status table did the trick (more or less).

The following condition works:

&CRM Service Process.StatusTable& [*] E0009SLFC0001 and &CRM Service Process.User Status& = E0002SLFC0001

I guess this should work for E0011, too.

Some others which did not work:

&CRM Service Process.StatusTable& = E0009SLFC0001

&CRM Service Process.StatusTable& = E0009SLFC0001 and &CRM Service Process.User Status& = E0002SLFC0001

&CRM Service Process.StatusTable& = E0009 and &CRM Service Process.User Status& = E0002SLFC0001

&CRM Service Process.StatusTable& [*] E0009 and &CRM Service Process.User Status& = E0002SLFC0001

Thanks again. I think this will fit my needs.

Regards

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

The other usages with equal sign are not possible (as already indicated by Frank Wagner) because the data element is of type table. You need to use e.g. NE, CE, etc.

Answers (0)