cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How move Filename to field in message mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!!

We want move the filename to a field of message mapping.

We have this situation Message type.

Record Z27_RFC

Filename IMPORT

Row ROW

Dades CADENA

I create the funcion module FILENAME but this atribute is export, and i don´t pass this value to a field FILENAME in the first message type. By?.

Thanks Best Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Julián Garcia,

I have to achieve same thing,as i need to access the file name in receiver determination.

Can you please tell me how did you solve this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Hemant

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this blog` if XI is SP14 and above. Otherwise you need to write Adapter Modules to achieve the same.

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/10/xi-the-same-filename-from-a-sender-to-a-receiver-file-adapter--sp14

Module Processor-

https://websmp202.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01200252310000071155&_SCENARIO=011000358700000002...

https://media.sdn.sap.com/SDNTV/main.asp?mediaId=130

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Garcia,

you have to set the adapter specific attribute 'FileName', which is put to the XI message header.

Plz look to the library for reading the header attribute: <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/43/03612cdecc6e76e10000000a422035/frameset.htm">Accessing Adapter-Specific Attributes</a>

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK!

But now i can´t map the result of my fucntion to a field in the message mapping.

This field is in the left of message mapping. Scenario is File to RFC and i need this name to call an RFC or another checking the file input name.

Record

Filename

Row

Dades

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Julian,

your szenario is file to RFC?

Must be asynchronous becoz of file adapter->there is no result of your function module.

In the message mapping use the outbound interface (from fileadapter) as source (left side), the inbound interface (to RFC adapter) as target. Drag and drop from source field to target field. If this doesnt work, post the error message.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udo!

I know how I can do the mapping, but my problem is that I want pass the result of function that return the filename into a field of left side mapping!, afterwars use this value to compare into receiver determination with a condition.

can you help me?.

Thanks

Best Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julian,

Do you want file name to be compulsorily be present as a field of input message type or you wat it just to perform a check in Receiver Determination based on the file name?

If you just want to perform check using using filename, then you can use standard context objects in Conition editor of receiver determination.It can be used a soon as you set Adapter specific attruibutes in sender communication channel.

Regards,

Sudharshan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

create a mapping where u have ur left side message type as source and target structure.prerform one to one mapping and call the function module and return the result of ur function module to the required field in the target side of ur message mapping.

then take the target messaeg type as the source message type and perform the mapping with the rfc.

regards

jithesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok!!

Thanks for all!! I found this and result is excelent...

Good work.

best regards

Juliá