cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection Lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I GRN 360 YD of fabric. Once i GRN, a Material Document is getting created and an Inspection lot being created. My requirement is to record results in ROLL form. (we already have a custom developed program to convert YD in to ROLL form). I want to break 360 YD of fabric in to several ROLLs and do the results recording.

1. Is there a way to break/ segregate one inspection lot in to several inspection lots in SAP and do the results recording?

2. If there is no standard SAP method to carry out this can some one suggest me a solution of doing my scenario?

I hope my scenario is clear enough, if not please let me know. Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

DTD

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can use inspection point for this scenario.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ramakant, hemant,

Thank you both for the reply. In the config for the Define Identifier for inspection point i defined the following. For inspection point 100, Text length 18 i entered ROLL and in Number length 3 i entered QTY. Then i attach this 100 inspection point to inspection plan. Now in QA32 once i selected the material and select results it goes to the QE11 screen. From what you all are saying what i gathered is, here i enter ROLL no (whether ROLL 1 and so on) and QTY and do the results recording?

1. Did i understand concept correctly?

2. As i mentioned in my post i stated we already have a custom developed program (Z program) to convert this YD in to ROLL. Is there a method to get that ROLL no in to the ROLL Inspection Point (in the QE11 screen in to the ROLL field)?

Thanks and Regards,

DTD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You are going in right way.

But there is noe method of assigning the inspection identifier from some other z program. You have to create a z to copy the numberif it is really complicated and difficult to do it manually.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you are defining the inspection point, you can observe a tab called "Function Modules".

Use any developed Function Module (QAPP_CUST_IP_F4 or QAPP_CUST_IP_PROPOSAL copy this function module for reference) and assign it to the field for "Default for user fields in results recording" and mandatorily mark "Use Function Module" indicator. THIS ENSURES THE ROLL NUMBER VALUE AUTOMATICALLY DEFAULTED IN THE ROLL NO FIELD.

Use another developed Function Module (QAPP_CUST_IP_CHECK copy this function module for reference) and assign it to the field for "Verification of user fields in results recording" and mandatorily mark "Use Function Module" indicator. THIS ENSURES THE ENTERED ROLL NUMBER VALUE IS CORRECT OR NOT.

Hope this would help you.

Best Regards,

K. Raghavendra Nayak

Edited by: KAPPETTU RAGHAVENDRA NAYAK on Jul 23, 2009 2:05 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hemant,

I checked inspection point ROLL text field. The field name is USERC1. Cant i make a Z program to insert the ROLL details from my previously mentioned Z program to that field, once i go to the QE11 screen and there when i go to the ROLL text field and press F4 to populate the ROLL details? Is this possible?

Regards,

DTD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KAPPETTU,

Thanks alot. I'll check and revert back.

Regards,

DTD

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

One way u can do is u can have the inspection point 100. in this way in inspection point u can give unique no for ur rolls then have the result recording. If your doing results recording on same day for all rolls then its ok so that u can post the quantity. If the period take for the inspection is more then u can have only posting no UD. Hope this will work.

Thanks and regards

ramakant