cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Return and credit memo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

Little confused, kindly tell me correct method.

Sales return:

1. Sales order>Delivery> Billing> Return Order>Return Delivery-Credit Return

Credit memo

1. Sales order>Delivery>Billing>Credit memo request>credit memo

confusion is that when goods are recieved back due to customer rejection, we issue credit memo, which above step should be followed

Please kindly guide me.

Regards

Sandeep Bhowmick

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ANSWERED

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think i have told u.. If the customer does not send stocks due to damage during transportation or any other reason, then return delivery is not reqd... Only credit memo request and then credit memo..

I hope its clear now..

Regards,

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii,

Since you have received stocks back from customer follow the first order.

If it happens that due to transporters mistake customer has not recived stock or it was damaged during transportation and not in a position/ feasible to return then follow second one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If there is no physical goods return from the customer then you use credit memo ,if there is

physical goods return involved were in you need to create a inbound delivery you create sales return.

former_member312216
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Step 1 is correct as you have received the goods physically if not you can go with the credit memo process.

Cheers

prs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

> Sales return:

> 1. Sales order>Delivery> Billing> Return Order>Return Delivery-Credit Return

>

>

>

> Credit memo

>

> 1. Sales order>Delivery>Billing>Credit memo request>credit memo

>

> confusion is that when goods are recieved back due to customer rejection, we issue credit memo, which above step should be followed

The standard and correct one is Number 1.

Sales order>Delivery> Billing> Return Order>Return Delivery-Credit Return

Thanks,

raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir

If the step no 1 is correct then in which scenario we will be using credit memo request and credit memo

Regards

Sandeep Bhowmick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sandeep,

> If the step no 1 is correct then in which scenario we will be using credit memo request and credit memo

See i will explain you with all scenario :

1. Scenario 1--> When we are selling some material to the customer and that material is scraped or completely lost in transit or any situation where you can not take it back....... So in this case there is no need of creating Return delivery......... Your Process 2 will go here.

2. Scenario 2: --. You sent some material to customer but due to some quality or defect purpose customer wants to return to you, then you have to create return delivery which will insure that you are taking that material back into your stock for quality checking.

I guess it will help...

Thanks,

Raja