cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote client copy

former_member182566
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We are using APO 4.1. We need to make a client copy from PRD to DEV (and DEV also has a customizing client that should not be destroyed, so we can't make a system copy).

1) From what I understand, copying livecache data is only possible for local copies. For remote copies there is no solution, right?

2) The connected R/3 will also be copied. Will an initial transfer be enough to put all data in the livecache? Are there any other options?

3) R/3 DEV will be a reduced version of R/3 PRD (by using TDMS), so I guess we'll have too much data in APO DEV db after the client copy. How can we handle this? Assuming there will afterwards be an initial transfer for R/3, we only need to keep APO-specific data in APO DEV (resources, blocks, etc). How to do that?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Rui Dantas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182566
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> We are using APO 4.1. We need to make a client copy from PRD to DEV (and DEV also has a customizing client that should not be destroyed, so we can't make a system copy).

>

> 1) From what I understand, copying livecache data is only possible for local copies. For remote copies there is no solution, right?

>

> 2) The connected R/3 will also be copied. Will an initial transfer be enough to put all data in the livecache? Are there any other options?

>

> 3) R/3 DEV will be a reduced version of R/3 PRD (by using TDMS), so I guess we'll have too much data in APO DEV db after the client copy. How can we handle this? Assuming there will afterwards be an initial transfer for R/3, we only need to keep APO-specific data in APO DEV (resources, blocks, etc). How to do that?

>

> Thanks in advance for any help,

> Rui Dantas

Just to say that we managed to make this work.

In APO we made a remote cliente copy, which filled the livecache with master data (but not transactional data). R/3 was only reduced based on time (not on company) so the master data was not to be reduced.

Afterwards we had to do initial transfers from R/3 for the transactional data (stocks, sales orders, purchase orders, production orders, atp).

If everyone ever needs more info feel free to contact me.