cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two SAP systems, same smartform, different print outputs

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have two SAP systems, because of the different business areas that our company has.

We develop a smartform with a custom style which has Gill Sans MT as default font. The smartform is printed directly into PDF format.

On system A on all environments it works fine and we transported it to system B.

On system B the output on PDF format comes in bold, all the characters are bold. This happens on all environments. On preview we don't see bold font but the spacing between characters is larger than expected (for example, a date is printed in two lines of a cell).

I've checked the settings on SE73 and they are the same on both systems.

I've also created a second style were I've taken out all bold settings. On system A, the smartform' style was changed to this new one. The changes were transported to system B, and still it prints all bold.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

by indication from support, uxecuted report RSTXDELL and it solved the problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

by indication from support, uxecuted report RSTXDELL and it solved the problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also checked chars per inch on both systems' smartforms and they have the same value

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also analysed tables TFOxx from both environments and they are equal, except that in production there's no italic font installed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I runned report RSTXPDF2 and for the SAP font "GILLSMT" and variant "normal" I have differences on the font name:

System A has "GillSansMT" and System B has "GillSansMT,Bold".

Can I export this font from one system to another?

Or, how can I change the font's variant?

former_member194416
Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use RSTXPDF2 to import the font into system but I am not sure if you can download it from other system. you can try to find true font in windows environment or in internet (.ttf ) then you can upload and use it in the system where it displayed bold.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've imported ttf font to system B, to development environment. Tested and it's ok.

Transported font to quality environment. Tested and it's ok.

Transported font to production environment. Tested and it's not ok: the spacing between the letters is bigger than normal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the replys. I think this is an answer to both.

Checked SPAD and differences are:

1. output device LOCL:

System A:

- Device Type: ZSAPWIN

- Host Spool Access Method: F

System B:

- Device Type: SAPWIN

- Host Spool Access Method: G

2. Device Type:

System A:

- has two custom formats (none used on this specific smartform)

former_member194416
Contributor
0 Kudos

Check printer and device type settings from SPAD tcode.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the driver which converts it to PDF. That one will be different on both systems

Gr.,Frank