cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Downloading Adobe Control to view PDF documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear WebDynpro experts,

I'm working on a problem which occurs if a user of my web Dynpro Java application tries to download

a generated pdf document.

I provide the pdf document using the INteractive Form element and create a download link.

Due to the usage of the Interactive forms element the browser asks for installing an Adobe Control element.

If I try to download this element I get the following error :

An unexpected situation has occured while downloading neccessary SAP components to your PC.
Please have a look on the information given below.
If this information is not sufficient to solve the problem please click on the 'Show developer traces' Button.
This will show more detailed information which will be useful for the SAP Customer Service.

Error description
Neither Adobe Acrobat 6 (or newer) nor Adobe Acrobat Reader 6 (or newer) seems to be installed correctly.
The SAP Adobe integration needs at least one of this products to run successfully

On my client I use Adobe reader 9. It seems that it is not recognised as propriate reader version.

Is it possible to chnage some settings at the browser to force it to accept Acrobat 9 as appropriate Reader for my

adobe Control element ?

Since my pdf will not be used interactively I would also be happy to completely skip the Adobe element download.

On Firefox there's no need to download it and it works great. But this seems not to be possible with my configuration (see my other open thread .

Does someone of you know a solution for my problem ?

Edited by: Daniel Wetzler on Jul 23, 2009 11:33 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi daniel

Just create another interactive form and see the property of that interactive form.

Regards

Ruturaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ruturaj,

yes i tried it with a new Interactive Form but I only got the same few Properties...

Sad regards,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Instead of goiningto Adobe activeX control go to NATIVE type

Change the displayType property of interactive form to native instead of activeX

Then there is no need to downloading Adobe activeX control

Hope this solution help you

Regards

Ruturaj