cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Sales Office and Plant creation - what are the SD configurations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to create a new sales office for my support project, give me the complete SD settings in SPRO and MM is creating a new plant along with the existing one's. what are the SPRO definition and assignments involved.

Regards,

Mahe

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahe,

For sales office

1) Create your sales office using SPRO -> Enterprise Structure -> Definition -> SD -> Maintain Sales Office

2) Assign the sales office to sales area using SPRO -> Enterprise Structure -> Assignment -> SD -> Assign sales office to sales area

For plant

1) Assign the plant created in MM to distribution chain using SPRO -> Enterprise Structure -> Assignment -> SD -> Assign plant to sales orgn and dist channel.

2) Determine the shipping point location using SPRO -> Logistics Execution -> Basic Shipping Function -> Shipping Point Determination -> Assign shipping points

Regards

Nadarajah Pratheb

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

SALES OFFICE

In OVX1 create the sales office and then in

OVXJ assign sales group to sales office

OVXM assign sales office to sales area.

FOR PLANTS

After defining the plant assignment should be done for

OX18 assign plant to company code

OMJ7 assign plant to bussiness area

OVXC assign shipping point to plant

OVX6 Assign Plants->Sales org./distr.channel

Also ensure if there are any Inter company transaction then do those also

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have 2 qns.

1.Is there any other settings apart from this list for new sales office creation and new plant .

Defn sales office - assign it to sales area - assign sales group to sales office

MM will create plant - SD - assign plant to sales area and distribution channel

assign shipping point to plant

2.Will the Z reports (customized reports) will work automatically or does it require any changes in the program.

Kindly clarify

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahe,

1) It depends on the business scenarios available in the system. For the standard sales order cycle this configuration should suffice.

2) No body can answer this question - you need to check if the customized report would work. Incase the reports have plants hardcoded then you need to change the program. Also if you have any custom table weere plants are maintained for any condition/logic you need to decide if the newly created plant should be added or not.

Regards

Nadarajah Pratheb