cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logical System Name

Former Member
0 Kudos

I forgot to add logical system name for XI in SLD. Is it possible to add it now without deleting the Business System.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have the same issue as posted by Jim dHulst. Couls someone guide us on that.

Thanks

Sahil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Micjael,

I think it's not possible to change logical system name without deleting the business system created .

regards,

Keith

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Keith,

you have to possibilities.

First: Ignore your mistake and change the logical system name in the IB Directory over the menu / adapter specific identifier. That will give you the same result.

Second (more clean): Change the entry in SLD. Delete the Business System in Directory, do not activate your changes. Then clear SLD cache and reimport the business system. All routing object are still working.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael,

Once you click on "change" - here you should be able to specify the logical system name for your business system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

But for some reason Change takes me to a screen where I can associate another Business System not the screen to change logical system name.

sridharreddy_kondam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes u can change the Logical system...in the business system click change for the technical system...

Regards,

sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Micheal,

If change screen takes you to the business sytem configuration, then it probably means your SLD/XI has not been setup properly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What i found is if the Business System is WebAS ABAP system then you cannot change the Logical system name. I went to transaction SALE on the XI system and added the logical System name and associated it with the client. As Udo mentioned I have to either delete the business system or fix Adapter Specific identifiers.

I will fix the Adapter Specific identifiers for now. I am expecting if SLD will be updated with the Logical System Name that I specified in transaction SALE.

Former Member
0 Kudos

To change Logical System Names for Systems that are WebAS ABAP type you go to the Technical System Landscape and select the corresponding client and then you can change the Logical System Name.