cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading XI3.0 to PI7.1 TIPS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are getting a project underway to upgrade our existing XI3.0 interfaces to PI7.1. We use BPM for Sync/Async Bridge in a few Scenarios and we also use Java Adapter Modules and Java Mappings a good bit.

I am wondering if anyone who has upgraded already can point out some of the common problems faced, for example are there certain common Java functions that are not supported anymore?, is there changes to the BPM that I should keep an eye out for?

Any info at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Gareth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

hi,

just quick tips about our experience:

• we did not have to modify any BPM
  • we had to recompile all mappings, adding a reference to the used external libraries (jars)
  • in XI, only used UDF were compiled. In PI however all UDF within the mapping will be compiled so you might get a compiling error if an unused UDF has a syntax error.
  • we also had to change the description of some UDF, apparently PI allows less characters than XI.
  • in XI there was trick (undocumented function pressing the contrl key and some other keys) to run a mapping and use encoding other than UTF-8. In PI this does not exit any more, all mappings create UTF-8.
  • of course we had to recompile Java mappings and Java modules to use the new API.
  • there were also some small bugs/incompatibility in the mapping execution but I think that has been fixed by SAP so you would not have such issues.
former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For JAVA mappings you need to check the names of the jar files included...in PI7.1 the names have a change

For BPM new functionalities are added...but the older are still supported......the change that you will notice predominantly are:

1) Message Interface is now Service Interface....older functionalities supported.....but still not the same as a MI is

2) Interface mapping is now Operation Mapping

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Gareth,

You might find this document handy:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/40328fc8-4844-2b10-b7a2-8930c16df...

Regards,

Ravi Kanth Talagana

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I even posted a blog about some changes:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2009/03/04/pixi-pi-71-upgrademigration--message-mappings

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

The content is not available now. Can you please check if that has been migrated with some other name.

Thanks

Jaya