Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Short text on PO not taken form Purchase req but from the contract

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Expoerts,

We are on SAP ECC 6.0 and SRM 5.0 and we have the folliwing problem:

After creating a shopping cart for one of our vendors our system (classic scenario) creates a purchase req. automatically. The short text from the purchase req is the same as the shopping cart description, which is correct, but when creating the PO the system seems to change the short text in the description of the contract.

Any idea ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Antoinette,

I am functional person not ABAP so do not know the exact nature of the development but I think it may have involved the BADI that creates PO's

Sory I could not be of more help and hope you find a solution

Regards

Allen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Allen,

I am functional as well but I will talk to our ABAP person. Thanks for your help!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Antoinette,

I think you have the same problem, SAP have changed the system so that any Contract Text now takes precedence over Text from the SC/Requistion.

This is a change to standard brought about by the fact that SAP are now loading Vendor long text into the contract, this was not happening before SP13.

Regards

Allen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok I thought you ment the vendor text as in vendor text in 'documents and attachments'in the shopping cart which also defaults to the purchase orders. Anyway, funny thing is that it appears only for one supplier so far but we actually should have it for all our suppliers using contracts.

Can you tell me more about the badi ad how you resovled it ?

THanks!

Antoinette

Former Member
0 Kudos

Antoinette

We had a similar problem and tracked it down to a fix that SAP supplied in SP13 for SRM550. Previously vendor text in a contract was not being populated when the contract was generated. Because the Vendor text in the contract was blank the vendor text in the Purchase order was using the shopping cart vendor text.

When the fix went in the Contract text is copied to the PO after it is created. This meant for us that the shopper and approvers were not seeing this text.

OSS response was that this is the standard process and was designed so that if there were confidential info in the contract it would be copied to the PO but not be visible during SC creation or approval. Not a very strong business argument given that the shopper can see the text after PO creation anyway, and also that it can stop their own texts from going into the PO!

We did not agree with this process and proceeded to do a bespoke development with the Source of Supply Badi so that the contract text is now ignored in our system, (as it was before SAP decided to fix it), and only the Vendor texts from the SC are used to populate the SC and the PO.

As a test try change the contract vendor text to something different to the Catalog long text and see the results.

Hope this sheds some light on your problem.

Regards

Allen

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Allen,

Thanks for your quick reply but the vendor text is actually not the problem. The problem is that when ordering from the catalog for this vendor. The shopping cart description whch is f.i '' Business cards for Mr Smith' becomes also the short text on the purchase requisition and should also be the short text on the purchase order but when the purchaser is creatng the Purchase order from the purchase requisition the purchase order short text changes in the short text of the contract but should get the sort text form the purchase requisition.

Hope you can help me anyway.