Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to access to a rfc function

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi.

i want to acces to a rfc function.

i am in se80 and i create a proxy client and in the url i write : "http://machine:port/sufixe" and i don't know how i can put the function.

anybody know?

thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

uday_gubbala2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

I haven't done this myself but I guess that you can do it through a Service Call in Web Dynpro ABAP. Select your component, right click on it & say create Service Call. Now follow the steps of the wizard. In the 3rd step select the last radio button i.e., Web Service Proxy & press on continue. I guess that you should be able to take it further from there...

Regards,

Uday

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

uday_gubbala2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

Try go through Thomas Jung's comments in this [thread |;about the manner in which you can consume Web Services from Web Dynpro ABAP. It should help answer your question.

Regards,

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you just want to call an RFC function...than do as it was mention in the last reply....but when you get to the third step...just select the first radio button "Function Module" option....than give your RFC function name...the next screen will give you all the importing, exporting, and changing parameters...than on the drop down you will find three options:

Parametes of Method

Controller Attribute

Context (node/attribute) <----

pick this one..... to create nodes and attributes for you automtically for your context....

than click continue...it will automatically going to create a method for you...which is going to call the RFC for your from your WDA component....

that is all....

hope this helps....

Thanks...

AS....

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes. but first i have to create the proxy client and the logic gate.

and i don't know how can create the proxy client for this function in R3

thanks

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>

> yes. but first i have to create the proxy client and the logic gate.

>

> and i don't know how can create the proxy client for this function in R3

>

> thanks

I'm not sure what you are refering to with Proxy Clients and Logic Gates. Are you sure you are working with an RFC or with a Web Service? There are different technologies for calling each. If it truely is an RFC you don't need a proxy class and I have no idea what a Logic Gate is.

RFCs can be called just like a Function Module is called just you add the syntax DESTINATION <SM59_DESTINATION>. You maintain the destination connection details in transaction SM59.

All of this can be done from the Service Call Wizard as well. However the wizard can't read remote function module interfaces. The same function module has to exist on the local system. After wizard code generation, however, you can go back in and add the DESTINATION statement to the generated code.