cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How the "Run Payroll upto" field(P0003-ABWD1) in IT0003 getting updated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.I want to know how the "Run Payroll upto" field(P0003-ABWD1) in IT0003 getting updated apart from manual entry?

2.Is there any user exit which could update that field?

3.Will any entry made in IT0015 update that field?

Thanks in advance,

Balaji

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Herbert is right. P0003-ABWD1 shouldnt be effecting the payroll to be executed if the date is '31.12.9999'.

Answer to your question> Worth checking dynamic actions for Leaving or Withdrawal action. They might be putting the date 31.12.9999 in It0003.

Regards,

Ahmad

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry I was wrong.

I was talking about P0003-PRDAT(Earl.pers. RA date)..

Herbert B is right about it. It is used to run payroll for the employee, even if he or she has left the company.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Herbert,Ahmad

Thanks for the reply.

Please look into the query given below.

"For few withdrawn employees, IT0003 is getting updated. The 'Run Payroll Upto' is changed to '12/31/9999'. Because of this the employee is not picked up for payroll."

Actually the date should not be "12/31/9999" as he got separated in some other date.

It might sound odd, but I want to know, from where the date "12/31/9999" would be populated and by what ways.

Any guesses....

Thanks in Advance,

Balaji. D

T

Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Balaji,

maybe the date was filled before withdrawal of the employee? It should have no effect as long as the employee is hired. Only after withdrawal it gets its meaning.

How did you find out, that this date is the reason for the employee not been picked up for payroll? This date should cause the vice versa effect. Might not there be another reason for the employee no longer been picked for payroll? What about payroll area (ABRKS)?

Herbert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Balaji,

Answers to your question:

1)This field enables you to run payroll for the employee, even if he or she has left the company. This date must be in a period in which the employee is not active. I dont think it is updated automatically from a process but as you have also mentioned it is done manually.

2) To my knowledge there isnt any specific exit for this field but you can always use enhancement 'PBAS0001'(PA: Pers.Admin./Recruitment: Default values and checks).

3) No I dont think so it is updated because of IT0015.

Regards,

Ahmad

Message was edited by: Ahmad Quraishi

Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

as I see it, this date allows you to create a payroll for an employee even if he left (is fired).

When you have to give him additional payment after his leave (normally via infotyp 15) you have to set this date in order to get the payroll done.

Updates in infotype 15 will not normally set this date automatically, but you can use PBAS0001 as Ahmad mentioned.

Herbert

PS: Maybe you can use dynamic measures to do the update when leave is initiated via specific measure.

Message was edited by: Herbert B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ahmad,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Correct me if I am wrong.

"Run Payroll upto" is for future date and retroactive accounting is for previous dates.

How the retro date can come into "Run payroll upto" field.

Thanks in Advance,

Balaji.