Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUIM reports giving dump when searchin with parameter *

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I am on 4.6c and on Basis support pack 54. I am facing a problem with searchin with an input parameter * when i search users by authorization values. I always get an ABAP dump. with the message "In program "RSUSR002 " the system tried to access field "VON_IN" with length 0." and a runtime error "DATA_LENGTH_0". I have tried searching a few notes for this but all of these seem to covered before support pack 54, and are already in place!

Any ideas for a resolution?

Best Wishes,

CP

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You don't need to provide any wild-card while serching in SUIM. Please remove * and execute again.

Regards,

Dipanjan

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

Check the dump again. there should be some error analysis and resolution process.

Following that process issue can be resolved.

Regards,

Sandip.

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You don't need to provide any wild-card while serching in SUIM. Please remove * and execute again.

Regards,

Dipanjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash

Please try to search with #*, then you get desired result.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dipanjan,

I wouldnt quite agree with that. I think if i leave it blank I would expect it to bring me back all possible values and not the ones with Full Authorization.

Regards,

CP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nope, Hari Krishna is correct then.

• in SUIM search pattern = * value in authorization.

There are other patterns as well which are usefull.

E.g.:

• in SUIM search pattern = all values from the domain range, which should be same as * but not * itself.

• in SUIM search pattern = Any value which would pass a correctly coded DUMMY check, or something other than nothing.

' ' in SUIM search pattern = an empty field or "spaced" field (should be obsolete or avoided though...)

etc.

Please see the SAP notes on this in BC-SEC component. They were also "harmonized" recently and in the past there were a number of bugs....

Cheers,

Julius

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Jul 23, 2009 8:07 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do agree with Hari Krishna, What I didnt think to be correct was what Dipayan said about leaving it empty.

Best Wishes,

CP

Former Member
0 Kudos

It would not be exactly correct as it would not include empty fields, but still almost correct to achieve what Dipanjan thought you wanted. At that time you had not yet stated that you were actually looking for "full authorization".

Hari took a lucky, even if probable, guess at what you were trying to do...

Enjoy the weekend,

Julius