cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

user is not receiving EBPBATCH notifications when work items require approv

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI experts

Approver is getting a work tiem in his inbox but notification mail to his personal id is not coming .Please tell me all the settings requried. I have already checked attribute "forward work item" as set to 'X' in PPOMA_BBP and in su01 his mail id is also given.

Pelase let me know where its missing. To other users it the mail is generated.

Please tell me all the necessary settings required .

Do i need to schedule RSWUWFMLEC job or not......if i run this job in quality then it may happen that all the approver in quality server may recieve mail...ie why am not scheduling this job as of now

Thanks in advance all

Sunny Sharma

Edited by: Sunny @ Sharma on Jul 23, 2009 9:55 AM

Edited by: Sunny @ Sharma on Jul 23, 2009 9:56 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sunny,

In order to be able to give you advices, first tell us if approval workflow mail for your concerned user (and any other users) is generated in SOST transaction or not.

For this, paid attention in dates range and hours range and also be sure that all messages status are set (see last tab on the right).

If mail is shown in transaction, this means report RSWUWFMLEC found corresponding workitem, so your problem comes from SAPconnect customizing. Contact your Basis team to solve the issue.

If mail is not generated, problem comes from report RSWUWFMLEC.

You checked FORWARD_WI attribute and mail in SU01 for user. Did you check validity period for user ?

If all is correct regarding customizing, you will have to debug report to know why workitem is not found.

Regards.

Laurent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laurent,

Thanks for the reply.

Validity dates for the user.seems validity is not a problem and

My problem is that user Sandy is not receiving notification when worktiem requires aproval. It means work item is getting generated with workflow but the notification mail to the user is not coming

Checkig done are

Forwarding flag indicator in ppoma_bbp is 'X' and in su01 user is mainfained with validity and mail id is also there.

worked on solution suggested:

In SOST transaction against user Sandy no entry exist.

shall i schedule the report * RSWUWFMLEC* in prd ? if yes then please let me know the parameters also

how to debug.....tell me how i can create the same case in developement server and do some research there.coz i cannot do much research in prd.

looking for your help....

Abhinav : No SO send fucntion module is calling in the badi.class cl-exithandler and get instance is calling

Thanks in advance

Sunny

Edited by: Sunny @ Sharma on Jul 23, 2009 3:40 PM

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sunny,

As report RSWUWFMLEC is not scheduled on your production system, i guess you are talking about recipient notificaton and not mail for offline approval.

If i am correct, see following thread:

[When PO rejected no message in inbox|;

Check customizing to define recipient of notifications: be sure your user has role defined to receive a notification and/or not other roles like SAP_ALL or SAP_NEW which could give side effects.

Regards.

Laurent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for yuor expert reply .

Workitem is coming to a Respective user and user is able to approve it but a notification mail shud come to his personal mail id whenever any shopping cart item gets generated for his corresponding requester.

for approver the roles given to him is APPROVER roles

I have seen in customizing to define recipient of notifications :

Order Shopping cart : approver

Order Shopping cart : initiator of the workflow

Order Shopping cart :Reviewer

These 3 entrie are maintained. and when i drilldown i can see 2 checkboxes are checked (Rejection of application aobject) and (Deletion of application object). ie how its customized.

I have checked a BADI BBP)WFL_APPROV_BADI in this no SO_OBEJCT_SEND fucntion module call to send a mail.

it means thru badi we are not sending mails. so in case of shopping cartso how where we can see in workflows ?

and if possible please let me know stepwise all the settings i can see for this problem.

hope this solution of your help greatly.

Thanks

Sunny

Edited by: Sunny @ Sharma on Jul 23, 2009 4:24 PM

Edited by: Sunny @ Sharma on Jul 23, 2009 4:30 PM

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sunny,

You need to clarify your requirement regarding your issue.

At which step of the approval workflow do you have your problem ?

1- During the workflow itself

Approver does not receive approval workflow mail in his mail client in order to approve/reject SC in an offline mode.

For this functionality, see hyper-link below:

[RSWUWFMLEC |http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm40/helpdata/en/88/f7423b4ac8d506e10000000a11402f/content.htm]

Did you check if communication method in SU01 is 'INT' ?

2- When workflow is over, that is SC was approved by all approvers or rejected by one approver

Notification goes to creator / approver / reviewer, depending on the Customizing settings which are triggered by the workflow itself, not by the report seen above.

For this, see end of [hyper-link|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm40/helpdata/en/84/dda441e79ead5fe10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm] (this is for PO, but for SC, it is similar).

So, in which case are you ?

Regards.

Laurent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laurent Burtaire ,

thanks for helping but am still facing the issue.

After Still analysing the issue.

I have seen the Customizing setting Receipent Notification.

For Order shopping cart

These 2 entries are checked against approver , Reviewer,Initiator of the Workflow

Rejection of application object

Deletion of appplication object

In tcode SWI1 Work item type is Dialog Step and when i double click on the line and see the log then i can see that item was rejected and in step Update shopping cart after approval ,Alternative 2 - subworkflow to send email/Approve SC is called.

so i can assume that there is no problem from workflow side or not ?

and user master of sending the mail ie EBPBATCH.For this no email id is maintained. Can i enter the email id of sending user ?

but i can see that with the same user(EBPBATCH) entries in SOST for other SCarts are created. so what all i can check to rectify this error.....how my entry of already processed or completed shopping cart can come to SOST .Please help.

Thanks in advance,

Sunny

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

franz_feichtenschlager
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sunny,

You can run report RSWUWFMLEC in your quality system.

This report takes all 'outstanding' work items and generates an email in SAPConnect (SOST). From there you could delete any mails BEFORE these are transmitted to your mail system (e.g. Outlook).

So that's how I would test your issue:

1) Create SC with approval

2) Check in SWI1 and see which user the work item has got

3) You could log on as that approver and see if there is a work item in the SRM inbox (optional step)

4) Run report RSWUWFMLEC

5) There should be an entry in SOST

6) Check for any short dumps (ST22) or system log entries (SM21)

Good luck.

Franz

Edited by: Franz Feichtenschlager on Jul 23, 2009 3:14 PM

former_member184111
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

Might be a problem in SMTP configuration.

Go to transcation SCOT , double click SMTP under Supported Address Types tab , click the button against Internet and see if the emailid of the user is maintained here.

You can also check in transcation SOST the status of the mail.If you find the mail in SOST than it is trigered properly but problem is with SMTP connection.

Regards,

Anubhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick reply but under SMTP Supported Address Types tab ,against Internet buttin there is * maintained no email id has been maintained there.

former_member184111
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you checked in SOST?

How are you trigering mails I mean standard workflow or custom mail progrma called from BADI?

Regards,

Anubhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Abhinav,

I have checked in SOST but there is no entry mainteined.when i execute its empty.

Also let me know how i can check these setting thru whcih i come to know how mails are tirggering .Which workflow i need to check and whcih BADI i need to see to check custom mail program ?

Thanks in advance

Sunny

former_member184111
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

For sending custom mails normally we use the BBP_WFL_APPROV_BADI BADI , because in this BADI the aprovers are determined when a shopping cart is raised.

You can check in this BADI for any custom FM for sending mails.

Regards,

Anubhav