cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhanced Interface Determination in PI 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

one question regarding Enhanced Interface Determination in PI 7.1.

I have a scenario where I want to split an outbound message with N entries into N messages of Service Interface SI_A and one message of service interface SI_B with N entries. Both will be routed to the same target system which is a file system. So in Mapping I specified the two target messages with an occurrence of 0...unbounded and 1. But in Interface Determination I can only specify one of the target service interfaces. When I specify both the mapping is executed two times which is not what I want.

I already tried it with only one Service Interface in the Interface Determination and it works since both messages are created by the mapping program. But thats not what it should be since I can not control the routing of the second message explicitely.

Thanks in advance,

Manfred

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

check the condition which can ensure to deliver them separately!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

But that will not serve the purpose. I want one Mapping to be executed each time. This will create two different Messages which I want to route using one Interface Determination.

By using the conditions I could not send both messages at one time.

Thanks,

Mane

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If I get your scenario right:

You have two source SIs, SI_A and SI_B.

You will get N messages out of each of the above SI

For this you are using same OM

If I am not wrong Enhanced Interface Determination means the split of 1 message into N messages.....so you need two different OMs.....each with SI_A and SI_B as its source SI...... or am i missing something about Enhanced Interface Determination?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually not. The scenario is as following:

Outbound:

- One message with 10 Master Data Records

Inbound:

- 10 Master Data Record Messages (SI_A)

- One Message with 10 entries for each Master Data Record (for example log file entries) (SI_B)

Therefore I created a Mapping that splits the incoming message accordingly. As target messages in the Mapping I have:

- SI_A (0...unbounded)

- SI_B (0...1)

Now I thought I could create a Interface Determination where I can specify the Mapping and assign each of the target messages the according Service Interfaces.

In the [documentation|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/42/ed364cf8593eebe10000000a1553f7/content.htm] I just have read that:

The inbound interfaces are determined at runtime during the mapping step.

If this is correct I would await that I can only specify the Multi-Mapping in the Interfac Determination and do not have to specify any inbound Interface at all, but also this does not work since I have to assign exactly one Interface to a Mapping inside the Interface Determination.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
But in Interface Determination I can only specify one of the target service interfaces

Using the Insert option you can specify more than one Inbound Service Interfaces and also associate Condition and OM to them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know that I can specify more than one Interface. But then I have to assign the same Operation Mapping twice which means that it is executed two times which results in the doubled amount of messages. In former releases it was possible to specify only one Mapping and N target interfaces.

Thanks,

Mane