Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Weight unit of a Warehouse Number

Hi,

While defining the control parameters of a Warehouse number, I have come across with a field called Weight Unit & Partial picking.

With the SAP help data, i am not able to understand the real functionality of these particular fields.

It could be highly appreciable if any one helps me in getting the real functionality of these fields.

Regards,

Dils

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi,

The weight unit you define for a warehouse will be used for material Storage in your bins.

i.e when you create storage bins for a storage type you have to define the Maximum weight allowed/bin & system will pick the weight unit which you have defined in the control parameters.

For example: If you have defined your weight unit as KG & if you have defined the maximum weight/bin as 100 (Weight unit - KG) for a particular storage type - 'X'.

The use of the above parameters actually comes if you set/activate a capacity check for your storage type - 'X' based on maximum allowed weight.

i.e If you try to place material into the above storage bin & if the total weight exceeds the above limit of 100 KG system will throw an error when you create a TO for stock placement.

Now to answer your 2nd query,

If you are doing picking for the various deliveries created at a single time i.e at the end of the day i.e via multiple processing by creating groups through which system will create separate TO for each delivery.

Now if you set the above indicator for partial picking in the control parameters system will allow to do partial picking for your delivery or TR incase of shortage in stock (Deficit).

Hope its clear,

Thanks & Regards,

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question