cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weight unit of a Warehouse Number

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While defining the control parameters of a Warehouse number, I have come across with a field called Weight Unit & Partial picking.

With the SAP help data, i am not able to understand the real functionality of these particular fields.

It could be highly appreciable if any one helps me in getting the real functionality of these fields.

Regards,

Dils

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The weight unit you define for a warehouse will be used for material Storage in your bins.

i.e when you create storage bins for a storage type you have to define the Maximum weight allowed/bin & system will pick the weight unit which you have defined in the control parameters.

For example: If you have defined your weight unit as KG & if you have defined the maximum weight/bin as 100 (Weight unit - KG) for a particular storage type - 'X'.

The use of the above parameters actually comes if you set/activate a capacity check for your storage type - 'X' based on maximum allowed weight.

i.e If you try to place material into the above storage bin & if the total weight exceeds the above limit of 100 KG system will throw an error when you create a TO for stock placement.

Now to answer your 2nd query,

If you are doing picking for the various deliveries created at a single time i.e at the end of the day i.e via multiple processing by creating groups through which system will create separate TO for each delivery.

Now if you set the above indicator for partial picking in the control parameters system will allow to do partial picking for your delivery or TR incase of shortage in stock (Deficit).

Hope its clear,

Thanks & Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your clarification.

Regards,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

V-T3000-TEILS

Multiple processing can be used for transfer order creation for outbound deliveries.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/c6/f841f24afa11d182b90000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

Prerequisites

Allowing Partial Processing of Transfer Requirements or Deliveries

You have activated partial processing for multiple processing in the Customizing for Warehouse Management under Master Data ® Define Control Parameters for Warehouse Number. In doing so, you allow the system to partially process transfer requirements or deliveries in multiple processing. In this case you only create a transfer order for a partial quantity of the original item in the reference document if it is not possible to create a TO for the complete item.

V_T3000-GEWEI

F1 help for the field:

Weight Unit

Unit referring to the gross weight or net weight of the material.

Procedure

All weights are managed in the warehouse in the unit of weight that you specify here. In the case of movements, the material weight is converted to this unit of weight and updated in the storage bins.

The capacity check by weight is also made in this unit. Here, the maximum accuracy is 1/1000 of this unit of weight.

You should not change this unit of weight during productive operation since all weights relate to it and would therefore be incorrect. Should it be necessary to change it, you must correct the existing data by running report RLS10200 afterwards.

Examples

If you choose too small a unit of weight, there is a risk of field overflows with "heavy" materials and totals.

If you choose too large a unit of weight, large rounding errors may occur. This can result in problems with "light" materials in the case of capacity checks by weight in particular.

I think it's clear: SAP uses this unit of weight to calculate the weights of goods in storage bins and it also uses it fo carry out capacity check in this unit.

As for capacity check:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/c6/f845604afa11d182b90000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

Regards,

Csaba