cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS roadmap button where is it in DC?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm customising ESS addresses screen, I could see the detail, review, bizcard view layout screens using the NWDS where is the Review and Save buttons actions and their source code located? Is it at the addresses DC level or elsewhere?

I want to check what is the actions that Review and Save buttons are doing?

How can I check what values are passed to the R3 just before addresses SAVE button is clicked?

Thanks

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The ESS DC's are built using FPM framework. This framework is simillar to our MVC pattern.

The components starting with "VC" are visual coponents where you have your UI.

The component starting with "FC" deals with interaction with MODEL.

and the component starting with "CC" will take care of navigation and road map steps.

So Check the Component with name "FC". This will have various methods, all the business logic is implemented in this component. But to know which method is triggered when you should come from VC. That is check the Component controller of VC this will have methods which inturn call the interface controller of FC and then the interface Controller calls the Component controller of FC.

Revert for any doubts.

Regards

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks very much for the information about VC FC CC types. I'll check and find out the details. Can I please confirm with you guys is my below coding right

I'm setting context attribute values on the Dropdown onSelect method as follows

this.wdContext.currentSelectedInfotypeElement().setCom01("HOME");

this.wdContext.currentSelectedInfotypeElement().setNum01("12345678");

The above coding is fine, but there are other 2 com and num fields which are not getting updated in the backend. I must say here that this is standard implementation and these fields are not introduced by me. This is Sweden Addresses screen. The standard screen is not working for other 2 communication subtypes. The other 2 subtypes I'm trying to update is

this.wdContext.currentSelectedInfotypeElement().setCom02("XXXXX");

this.wdContext.currentSelectedInfotypeElement().setNum02("12345678");

this.wdContext.currentSelectedInfotypeElement().setCom03("YYYYY");

this.wdContext.currentSelectedInfotypeElement().setNum03("abdscdc");

so I'm just trying to track if portal is passing all the values correctly to the backend function.

Thanks

Praveen

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

check if FcNavigation is used if that is the case, you will have a Component VcNavigation where Buttons are defined in the layout.

Regards,

Satya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

biz card View is a generic View used for most of the screens

the button must be in the component with bizcardview .

Regards,

Satya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

open the Dc eg: Address,

WebdynproComponents--->VcAddressOverview, under that component you will find the BIzcardView under views.

u can find the actions under implementation.

Regards,

Satya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Found the some of the buttons and UI elements on the Bizcard view are generated during runtime. Thanks for very helpful information on this post.

Praveen.