cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP IDM - SPML integation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was trying to integrate SAP IDM with SPML using VDS.

While configuring VDS for SPML request I am getting an error as follows.

"Exception: Could not load external 'attrClass' or one of its referenced classes"

I am getting this error while starting the identity service in VDS.

The configuration guide does not talk about adding any other jar/class files.

Any help in this regard is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Sunil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sunil,

Which VDS template are you using?

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mathew,

I am using the IdentityServices.xml as the template in VDS as specified in the document.

Regards

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sunil,

I have seen this before. If you disable the attrclass, by going loading / creating your configuration based on the IdenittyServices.XML template, go into the Virtual Directory Server node, Classes tab and then use the Attrclass pulldown and select "None". This should not affect your configuration.

Or you could click edit and look through the code....

Former Member
0 Kudos

I faced the same issue and enabling the "Compile java classes at startup" in the options resolved the issue.

Cheers !!

Zaheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zaheer

> the "Compile java classes at startup" in the options resolved the issue.

I have enabled the option. But I am still getting the error. Have you done anyting?

HI Matt

> go into the Virtual Directory Server node, Classes tab and then use the Attrclass pulldown and select "None

I cannot see classes tab in in VDS. Only I can see is all classes tab. Can you please update.]]

REgards

Sahad

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know that this thread is old, but when deploying the IdM Identity Service, in conjunction with GRC 10 WebServices (for the CallBack Service functionality), you can't just disable the attribute and continue; you must fix it or else you will not be able to deploy the .ear file needed to further deploy to java (i'll go into detail on this in another post).

The way, I got past this error was to go Tools - > Options (in VDS) and update the java settings to use the java version I have installed (or as close as I could), I set VDS to use a specified complier (the same compiler for my version of Java - in the same BIN folder) then ensured the classpath was updated with all the classpath's listed in the error (I added them to the Windows CLASSPATH environment variable also):

The service Compiled and started without issue and I was able to deploy the .ear file out of VDS for Java.

-ALJ

normann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Andrew,

agree to you but another thing that might need to be done is putting a tools.jar into the folder ...\Virtual Directory Server\lib\jdk1.<used version>\ (maybe that was not necessary for you if you put it to windows CLASSPATH already).

Regards

Norman

former_member190695
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Very useful treat.

On Linux, I have just used the same JVM to compile and start the server.

DO NOT use the embedded compiler as this didn't work.

Regards,

Ridouan