cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number range problem SD_CUSTOMER_MAINTAIN_ALL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using SD_CUSTOMER_MAINTAIN_ALL to create customer. Everything is fine but after creating customer and i will go and check in (OVZC) the next number showing wrong.

To be clear : OVZC is the t-code to display/change Customer number range . Suppose in OVZC the next number is 5000100 and i created 2 new customers then the next number (OVZC) should be 5000102. but it is showing 5000104. I didn't is used any commit statement.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

SD_CUSTOMER_MAINTAIN_ALL is used in standard during the maintenance of a consumer using the standard customer master data transaction XD01 & XD02.

It is not intended to be used out of the transaction and in no case it should be used out of its original context. Due to the specificity of the function module, out of the original context we may face limitations and data inconsistencies.

This is precisely what you face in your case.

For the maintenance of customers, there is NO BAPI and NO direct function module.

There are some functions modules like the one above where the name is looking nice. But these should not be used.

• Below ECC 2005 (6.00), the only solution was batch input and DEBMAS idocs. See [note 384462|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/384462]

• Starting with ECC 2005 (6.00) and above: a synchronisation tool has been introduce. See class CMD_EI_API and VMD_EI_API

Hope this helps

BR

Alain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The function module " NUMBER_GET_NEXT" to next number is called two times in the function module SD_CUSTOMER_MAINTAIN_ALL. I would suggest you to put the break-point and see the what is happing in debug mode. The function module NUMBER_GET_NEXT is called two times , this might be the reson.

Also i woul suggest you to create a message on SAP market place id if you have user id and ask sap about this question.

Thanks.