cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ship-to party not defined for sales area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I created a new sales organisation and a new customer by using Sold to Party Account Group, new sales area &

sales organisation assigned to order type.

When I try to create a sales order, I get a error message of "Ship to party () not defined for Sales area (***)"

But in customer master the same customer master number by default assigned as Ship to party.

Help me on the above said error...

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Check in what salea area your sales order is loaded. Then check in VD03, if the customer is extedned to the same sales area. It is sufficient if it is extended to the common dist channel & division for eg US01 / ZZ / ZZ.

Then check if ship-to partners are defined in salea area data --> partners.

By standard system will default the sold-to if a valid ship-to is not maintained.

Regards,

Sivanand

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shivanand Vishnu reply was useful. Thanks to your reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing issue but don't know the root cause yet.Not clear from this thread what was the resolution.

Please help

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

if you are using different ship to party when compared with sold to party ,then check whether ship to party is extended to that sales area or not.

Please let me know if you have any issues on this.

Thanks and regards,

Rajeshwar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This could be due to the entries maintained by you while doing VA01 with Document Type & the Sales Area.Kindly check the Salea Area entered by you with Ship-to Party Sales Area.

Best Regards,

Ankur

former_member1249468
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please extend the ship-to-party to your account group sales area ,if it is not extended.Remove the ship-to party from sold-to customer master ,then extend the ship-to again to required sales area,go back to sold-to master record then enter the ship-to in sold-to master then save and finally create a sales order.

If you are using any common distribution channels & divisions then extend the ship-to party also that combination.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Pasapula.