cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ep 6.0 single backend multiple clients

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

system details: ecc 5.0 unicode sap aba 16, basis 16,appl 11,hr 19+MSSQL 2000 with collation bin2 (SP4) and windows 2003. EP 6.0 SP9 WebAS 6.40 sr1

First i installed portal with rapid installer 2.5.1 but it connects only with client 000. i tried to give client 100 at installation time but it was not accepted.

Then i installed with netweaver 04 dvd. it accepted client 100.

now my company want that portal should be connected to multiple client with backend system as my backend system is development and they will check first in a sandbox client and then with user testing in a test client.

How to do this.

Secondly, in user management>role "page cannot be displayed" error and this error is coming only in this page.

One thing i should tell you that when i installed with rapid installer it was working fine with client 000 but when i changed the client in system landscape i was able to logon no tab displayed. the message was that the user may not have proper authorizations. may be something to do with portal roles. I want to know how can i transport these portal roles or user config to other clients.

in WP3R, it says no object found.

Can anyone help

Thanks

Imran Hasware

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have installed with User management with ABAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Imran,

u used User management with ABAP system than u have to assign the role to user from R3 system side. after assignning a role u start the J2EE server.

check the follwoing

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/49/9dd53f779c4e21e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

can u install a ep which use ABAP system as User Management or u can use separate databse for ep (use java system database as usermanagement)

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

For EP 6.0 SP9, there is problem in Internet explorer while accessing role page. You can check it in some other explorer like mozilla, it will work. Then you can assign roles correctly. Hope this will work fine for you.

Regards,

Chandra