Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Interfaces - Simplified, Extended, Wizard

Former Member
0 Kudos

upgrade to SRM 5.0; R/3 4.6C; CCM 2.0

Hi everyone,

I have three questions regarding the UI templates that is in SRM.

1. Last client I knew used the extended form (BBPSC01). I am very familiar with this template, functionality-wise. In regards to the other two, I have only seen the wizard UI (BBPSC02). One of the issues that we are trying to address is the repetitiveness of entering the cost assignment information for multiple line items.

For the extended form, there is a functionality where you can copy the acct assignment, G/L, and IOs from the clipboard and apply it to all line items by pasting it (checking the box 'apply to all items before').

For other two templates do you have this option?

2. For the wizard and simplified form, there is no copy line item function (to create a copy (as line item 2) of the line item 1). Is this statement correct?

3. How difficult is it to change any of the templates? For example if you were to add a field? How would you go about doing this (brief explanation would be appreciated)?

If anyone can share some pros and cons of using a particular template from a project experience standpoint, I would greatly appreciate it.

-Benefits of using an extended form-

1. buy on behalf

2. copy line item functionality

3. can specify default settings

4. item over view (can work directly in it)

5. create limit item

-cons-

1. lots of scrolling

2. more confusing interface because there are many more mini panes/windows that can be opened

3. more time to open/refresh data

Thank you in advance,

Jay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

Limit and buy on behalf are the only gap between extended and wizard SC.

Copy functionality, default settings and item overview are common to both trnasactions.

kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yann,

I was under the impression that those gaps only apply to extended and simplified SC and the wizard did not have the default settings/item overview. Does that sound right?

Best Regards,

Jay

Message was edited by: Jay Park

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

default settings and item overview are available in the wizard.

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Jay,

Yann is right but you have to implement badi BBP_SC_MODIFY_UI (with DEFAULT_SCR = 'X').

Regards,

Bertrand

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bertrand is right : i forgot to mention this

Thanks Bertrand to clarify the point.

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Me, Me, Me, Choose me for reward points !!!!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

3 shopping variants (BBPSC01, BBPSC02, BBPSC03) are all using the same source objects and screens.

They are just not displayed and controlled in the same way.

For example, item overview is used everywhere, but you can not make direct entry in wizard mode.

In each screen PBO, you can find some particular logic to control fields, against actual T-CODE (BBPSCXX).

Regards

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your responses.

As mentioned previously, we are leaning towards implementing the Wizard interface. However we would like to add two additional features - the default settings window and the ability to create limit Shopping carts. How extensive will this modification be? Is this a simple activation of a code (like BADI mentioned above) or does this require a full-time resource to implement? Any clarification on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

-Jay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A guy will spend 10 minutes (with a coffe) to activate limits and default settings.

REgards,

Bertrand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ahh - best news I heard all day today.

Thank you for that clarification Bertrand.

-Jay