cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping SOAP Fault Message on PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I'm trying to map a SOAP Fault Response From a Legacy system on PI, but i have some doubts on how to create the Data Type and the fault message Type,

Basically the response will look like this:

<SOAP-ENV:Body>

<SOAP-ENV:Fault>

<faultcode>SOAP-ENV:Client</faultcode>

<faultstring>Data failed validation</faultstring>

<detail>

<fault xsi:type="ns1:Fault">

<ns1:code>1002</ns1:code>

<ns1:errorMessage>Data failed validation</ns1:errorMessage>

<ns1:detailMessage>Invalid (does not exist) Zone Identity...</ns1:detailMessage>

</fault>

</detail>

</SOAP-ENV:Fault>

</SOAP-ENV:Body>

so basically i defined a data type detail ( named detail aswell in pi ), with a fault element and code errorMessage and detailMessage xsd:String attributes ( i dont know what to do with that ns1 xsi type )

but when i want to creat the whole message PI only allows me to have 1 outter element like this:

<FaultMessage>

<faultcode>

<faultstring>

<detail>

so pretty much i want to have a data type with 4 independent elements cause i know the SOAP-ENV tags wont get to the mapping, im almost sure i'm missing something very dumb here but i dont see it ,

Thanks in advance for all the help you guys can provide,

Regards,

Roberto.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Roberto,

The below Weblog from Jin Shin

/people/jin.shin/blog/2007/05/21/handling-web-service-soap-fault-responses-in-sap-netweaver-xi

& Sap Note 856597 might help

Cheers

Agasthuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the documention it was really helpful,

now i have another problem, i alredy created the data type for the detail tag to match the soap response, but when creating de Fault Message Type on the Data Type Used area, PI inserts me some standard data that is mandatory and does not correspond with the structure im going to receive, it only allows me to import the detail data type as Additional data :S.

Regards,

Roberto.

ernesto_cruz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Roberto,

My name is Ernesto from Argentina, I am researching about this thread, therefore, I would like known how finished the case, in Scenary RFC to SOAP. I am working with SAP Netweaver 7.1.

Cheers