Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save PDF automatically on application server or shared drive

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement like this.

A web dynpro application with an adobe form in it. When the user fill in the adobe form and saves,

it should create a non-interactive adobe form

save data into it

save it in a specific location.

I could do the first 2 steps but I don't find a way to save automatically in a specified location.

I tried DOWNLOAD and GUI_DOWNLOAD FMs but could not achieve this.

Is there a FM that can do this background saving of PDF in a specific location.

Version:

SAP Net weaver 7.0

Thank you,

Vasu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

akshay_sinha
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Subramanya,

Could you please describe your solution ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have a similar requirement but the I have a regular adobe print form called from a report. I would like the form to be saved in a shared network location programmatically through the abap report.

Can I achieve that?

Thanks,

Connie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Connie

Have you found a solution to your problem?

I have a report using an adobe print form and I need to save it automatically on a network shared drive.

Regards

dstj

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found the Solution. Will post it here soon.

former_member229034
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Srinivas,

Could you please let us know your solution as we too have the same issue at the moment in our project. We need to save the adobe form from the web-dynpro application onto the application server automatically (it can be into a default path). So could you please let us know the solution you found for your case.

Thank you,

Chaitanya

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Use the fileDownload UI element. You can't use any of the SAPGUI related function modules because you have no connection to the SAPGUI. Web Dynpro runs in a browser and is therefore subject to the security sandbox of the browser. That means no slient downloads and no choosing the download location programatically.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In that case, Can this be achieved through a Adobe Print Form. Is programmatic download possible there?

Thank you,

Vasu

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

It has nothing to do with the type of form> It is because of the security restrictions of running in a web browser.