cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VA01 - Automatic Plant Selection in Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I have maintained in a mass change using T-XD99, the plant 20RO for ALL my customers under the same company code and sales organisation.

I then came back to XD02, selected the 'Sales Area Data' to make sure the relevant Tab would be selecetd and checked that the changes in this plant have been made OK. The plant is there 20RO in the 'Sales Data View'.

However, it is not selected automatically when I create a Sales order VA01 in the plant section. I have to press F4, select it and process the order.

Can somebody explain to me why? I want it to be automatically selected each time.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As already stated, system will give priority for plant in the following manner to sale order

1) Customer Material Info Record (VD52 / VD53)

2) Customer Master (XD02/ VD02)

3) Material Master (MM02 / MM03)

Since in your case, you have confirmed that you have maintained the plant in customer master, ensure that in material master also, the same plant is maintained or blank. It should not have been a different plant in which, only blank field will be there in sale order.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member312216
Participant
0 Kudos

I reckon the read info record should be checked in VOV8 .

cheers

prs

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Chris,

In sales order plant is determined based on the plant given in 1. CMIR (Customer material info record), 2. Customer Master (sales area -- shipping Tab) 3. Material Master.

As you said you have checked in customer master the plant is maintained there, then plant should come in sales order as delivery plant.

Then the possibilities is READ INFO RECORD is not checked in your sales order type. Go to VOV8 and insure that read info record is checked.

Thanks,

Raja