cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCMS FileSystem monitoring

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All:

We are setting up automatic monitoring and auto-reaction method for our entire landscape. We would like to monitor our % file system used and would like to setup threshold for each file system.

We are using Windows 2003 - 64 bit. The problem is we can not set threshold value for each file system (Drive) individually. When we try to setup threshhold value, it sets up for every drive and % used for every drive is different.

Any one came across with same situation? Any solution for this?

Thanks,

Miral.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Miral,

the (real) data supplier for monitoring file systems in CCMS are saposcol and sapccm4x. But in default implementation, there is an ABAP function call active for this.

So if you use CCMS agents, you should first deactivate the ABAP datasupplier. Then, you have to edit the oscol.ini and the sapccmsr.ini ("MonitorFilesystem"). With this doing, you get an MTE class for each filesystem and then you can customize individual thresholds. Have a look at the CCMS agent doku.

And please, do NOT assign individual thresholds directly on the MTE, always use the MTE class (because the performance of the CEN will go down).

Hope this helps you,

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Frank:

Thanks for reply. The problem is when we make changes for MTE class FileSystemFreeSpace to set threshold value, it changes for every drive/file system in windows.

Thanks,

Miral.

frank_wagner2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

sounds strange. I checked this on my system. If I change MTE settings from Class to individual settings (as I wrote before) threshold is only set for current path.

When you look at the first field within properties dialog you will see that the MTE "path" contains drive number and SID. Therefore it could not happen that you set the value for all drives.

Have a look at transaction rz21 -> select Properties assigned to MTE classes and "Display overview". Search for FilesystemFreeSpace and check if threshold is set there. If it is - reset it to default values.

Then do the same for option "MTE-specific properties". If you have changed MTE correctly from class settings to individual settings you should have an entry for it in the list.

Regards,

Frank

frank_wagner2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

open the MTE properties for context filesystem % (where you mange threshold):

Select from menu Edit -> properties -> use for individual MTE.

The settings will now affect only current system/path.

Regard,

Frank