cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Internal ID of a Lookup [Flat] inside a Qualified table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I'm in a project that has a problem concerning Lookup [Flat] and Qualified tables.

There's a lookup table where I have a list of "Sales Organizations". This table has a single field (Name), and has three records in the following order:

Sales Org. 1

Sales Org. 2

Sales Org. 3

The lookup is used by a qualified table called "Sales Data", and this is used by the main table Customers.

There are web services generated with MDM's Web Services Generator to interface calls from a Guided Procedure application developed by the project team.

To fill a dropdown field of a form used by the application with a list of "Sales Organizations", the search method of a generated web service is called to get all records from the lookup table. From the results of this method, I use the Internal ID to identify the record and its name to display in the field.

At the end of the Guided Procedure process, the insert method of a generated web service is used to send data to the main table, and the Internal ID of the selected "Sales Organization" is sent. The situations below may occur at this time:

1. If a record with selected "Sales Organizations" wasn't previously inserted in the qualified table, an error occurs and the record isn't inserted.

2. If a record with selected "Sales Organizations" was previously inserted in the qualified table, but not with the same Internal ID it has in the lookup table:

a. If the Internal ID exists in the qualified table, the record is inserted, but when the data is viewed inside MDM Data Management, it shows another "Sales Organizations".

b. If the Internal ID does not exist in the qualified table, an error occurs and the record isn't inserted.

3. If a record with selected "Sales Organizations" was previously inserted in the qualified table, but not with the same Internal ID it has in the lookup table, the record is inserted.

The problem is that the values of the qualified table aren't synchronized with the lookup ones. So, I would like to know if there's a way to configure this synchronization between these kinds of tables?

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

You have 2 options here to cope up with the said iddue:

1. Keep one entriy for all the Lookup values in the Qualified Table

2. Control it at Code level, like you put a check in the code to check if the record for Qualifier Lookup value is already existing or you need to create an entry for lookup value and then link it to yor record.

Option 2 seems good as it takes care of the point 1 also.

Regards,

Arafat