cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFS to NFS mount

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a rquirement, wherein the mdm places the file on my training PI enviornment. (We dont have FTP - FYI)

now, i need to process the same file in my Dev box using NFS. Can this be done?

Can 2 PI servers be mapped/mounted in such a wy tht I can pick my file from Trainign enviornment and process it in Dev?

If this is possible, will the performance of any of ther server goes down?

Anything impacted?

thanks,

Vishal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

What I understand is you have 2 pi servers. MDM places a file on PI Training. From PI Dev you need to pick this file placed by MDM. If this is correct then you can do this.

Make the folder on PI training as shared and use it in your Dev. Also when using in DEV in sender comm. cahnnel check the advanced setting milliseconds to wait adn put some time. This is because you should not run into a scenario where MDM is being placed and PI Dev is trying to pick. So to aviod this use this parameter.

There should not be any peformance issues, because these two are seperate servers.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

thanks for your reply.

will just sharing of folder suit my purpose? I dont think so.

am talking of NFS channel. And my my Dev would be going and pickign the data from Training server (outside its server)...so a mount/map for sure would be needed..isnt it?

N based on this...will it have any impact on my performance or any other things ? - NFS only.

thanks,

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

Within your network you can make any servers as NFS mount. As long as the servers are NFS mounted, you can create a shared folder and can use from any communication channel.

I dont see anywhere your performance might be reduced in this case.

Regards,

---Satish

Answers (0)