cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeburger Mapping Designer - Gentran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts.

I have an Scenario EDI to Flat file , I'm using Seeburguer to convert file to XML and viceverse...

I use the mapping EDI ???_E2X_Ansix12_204_V4010 to convert the file to XML , The EDI Files has an element wich Length is 2 but on Seeburguer Mapping the value minimal is 3 so the EDI is not converted.

Also I use Gentran system in this case Gentran pass the EDI but send and soft Error about that.

Seeburguer has any similar option ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish / Prateek

Thanks for your reply .. I agree with you I will change the map , however I found on the Seeburguer Help is there an option on the mapping called "SetInputSyntaxiisLevel" ..What are the posibles consequences of this option?

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you are talking about "setInputSyntaxLevel" option. Yes, you may use it and set its value to 0 to prevent syntax check. But I think, this would remove syntax check for entire mapping and not specific to a single field. In my opinion, it is not a good practice to remove the syntax check just for sake of running a scenario.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah you right.

The customer send the EDI File in many case the elements in the file are not following the Standard (lenght, format etc), so We need to control that and send soft or hard errors depending the case.

Seeburguer convert to XML and send the FA (functional acknowledgment)

I know the FA send an status Rejected if File is incorrect , Is posible to send the FA with the error Description?

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This FA is sent using the split adapter of Seeburger. It could have sent the error FA but the problem here is that the bic adapter is used before split and therefore this error is detected in module before the FA is actually created. And hence, error is displayed in the adapter monitoring audit log first.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

According my requeriment, the customer send EDI files I will change the mapping because many EDI elements not following the Standar Rules.

also the customer need an FA 977 with status Rejected if has an Hard Error or FA 977 with Status E (Aceptance with errors) .

I think to pass the EDI avoid rules in seeburger and made another mapping to save the Hard and soft errors.

Can anybody help me ?

thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then copy your parent and child mappings in seeburger bic mapping tool

ie if EDI message is ANSIX12 then parent mapping is See_AnsiX12 similarly for other too..

after copying change the name to AnsiX12_yourid (can be any thing) after this change the child mapping too

i.e name should be yourid_E2X_ANSIX12_messagetype(850)_Version(V4010)...

Hope you got it

Rajesh

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Seeburger field length related error could be seen only in the audit log of Runtime Workbench - Message monitoring. There you will find the cause of error and message will fail falling into the System Error status.

If there is some minimum length defined, then you cannot avoid this error unless you edit the standard mapping.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Luis,

Seeburger has given the standard mappings based upon the EDI schmea standards. So if the lenght is 3 in the standard and if your partner sends 2 then it is the problem with the partners file. You can tell him to change according to the standards.

If he cannot do it then you need to change the standard mapping for 2 and deploy the sda files once again.

For your question: there are no hard and soft errors in seeburger. Only error is error. It fails in RWB and from there your alert can pick up.

Regards,

---Satish