Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replace MIC

former_member224727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi QM Team,

Once we have made change in MIC CE Version 1 then system has created new version 2 for same MIC.

This MIC used in more than 500 inspection plan. Now our business want to update this old MIC to new MIC in Inspection plan.

Please suggest easiest way to do.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try this with LSMW or Engineering workbench (CWBQM).

Vishal Jonnalwar

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member224727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry for late reply, but want to know more on this error.

We have complete copy model MIC with two different version 01 and 02. Now when I try to replace it give me mentioned error - "Message no. QP879".

Now these are comple copy model with all required data. How I know that User exit - "QPAA0004" is active or not? What could be stoping me to replace MIC?

Reply higly appreciated.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can only use the mass replace when you leave the MIC's locked in the inspection plan.

The reason is that if the MIC is unlocked in the plan, SAP really doesn't know what you changed about the MIC in the plan. In some u might change control indicators, in others, you might change specs. You might have customer specs associated with them, etc, etc... And while it might know what you changed, it wouldn't know which values to change when it copied in the new version. Does it reset all the control indicators? All the specs? Etc..

FF

former_member224727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

thanks

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Tom

QS27 is to be used only for reference characteristic or if the mic is complete copy model. for incomplete copy model you cannot use it. You have to go the individual inspection plan and change it.

Check with thiws exit if any thing can be done QPAA0004 Enhancement for transferring mstr insp. char. to task lists.

Regards

Gajesh

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Tom

What is the mic type in the sense is it referenced or complete or incomplete. In reference there is a functionality of replacing the mics in all the inspection plan.

Regards

Gajesh

former_member224727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for quick reply.

This is Incomplete copy model type MIC. We have created it as qualitative MIC.

I tried through QS27, but it shows lock indicator. When I click on it, give me following message.

Message no. QP879

Diagnosis

There may be several reasons that lock indicators appear in the first column. For example:

The master inspection characteristic is unlocked and only used as a copy model.

The characteristic is not completely maintained.

A user exit is active (see Implementation Guide).

let me know if you need more info to resolve this issue.