cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Copy back-end system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

We have made a client copy of the back-end system of SRM (SRM 5.0). Only the back-end and not SRM has been copied.

After replication all the master- and customizing data again to SRM from the 'new' back-end I have found an issue with updating the suppliers.

It seems that I can not remove old business partners from SRM with BUPA_TEST_DELETE if these are used already in SC's. However the new copy of the back-end system has completely different suppliers we need to use in SRM. This causes for an inconsistency with the supplier numbers, as we want to keep the R/3 numbers in SRM.

Does anyone has a good idea how to proceed? That is, how can I remove the business partners (suppliers) in SRM which were used before the client copy of R/3, so that I will be able to completely get all the relevant 'new' vendors from the R/3 system after the client copy.

When I execute BUPA_TEST_DELETE it will end up in error saying the suppliers can not be removed. Do I need to archive all the old documents (SC & PO) before I can remove all vendors in SRM, or is there a way to force the removal of all the business partners from before the back-end client copy?

Thx.

Skander

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Skander,

When copy client is done in a SRM landscape, it is recommended to make copy for R/3 system and SRM system to avoid issues you mentioned.

Due to your single copy, you have also to align for exemple purchasing document number ranges in SRM regarding those in R/3.

I think you will loose more time to solve all gaps between both environments that also copy your SRM system.

Regards.

Laurent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laurant,

Yes I know, a SRM copy would have been better and easier. But the client only wanted to make a copy of the R/3 environments (Dev & Qas). The documentnumbers are updated easily. They use the classic scenario, so I just updated the internal nb ranges for Reservation and RQ in SRM with the highest number found in the back-end for those documents.

Everything seems to be working, only issue left are the businesspartner inconsistency. Productgroups and products can be removed and replicated easy without a problem, something like this should be possible for the suppliers in SRM also, I guess?.... Becasue it concerns the dev and qas environments in principle we do not need the old business docuents (only SC's) anymore. So is there a dirty way to remove/clear the business parner tables and filling them again with BBPGETVD

Kind Regards,

Skander

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Skander,

Sorry, i don't know any easy solution for your requirement, neither in standard nor with specific solution.

If somebody has an idea...

Regards.

Laurent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I already figured out how to solve the issue.

For anyone who wants to know how to:

-First clear the vendor groups in the vendor hierarchy; do not renove the root node

-Then run BBPGETVD which will get you the new vendors from the back-end; for me only role LF for suppliers.

-Then run BBPUPDVD which will update all the fields for the old business partner numbers in SRM which were used in documents, and replicated from the old back-end system.

In my case I had to play a litlebit with the setting 'only creditors', to update BP numbers which were not suppliers in the new back-end.

After performing these steps everything should be fine.

So it's perfectly possible to make a client copy of only the back-end system without copying SRM (in the classic scenario that is).

Rgds,

Skander

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Skander and thank you for the update !

Regards.

Laurent.