Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

prequiste for b2b Scenarios

balaji_pichaimuthu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hii Gurus,

Im new to the PI.. i have done some scenario in A2A ... if i want to practise the B2B scenario.. what would be the prerequisties..

Could you give me some links based upon the B2B scenarios..

Regards,

Balaji

Edited by: Balaji Pichaimuthu on Jul 22, 2009 4:53 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Balaji,

If you think B2B is done only with EDI adapters, then your assumption is wrong. As ravi clearly said B2B anything outside your firewall can be assumed as B2B. So in A2A you dont create under party. Usually if you are sending outside then we will create under Party and it is assumed to be as B2B. Please do a search for B2B in xi elearning, there should be a very good presentatin from Sindhu Gangadharan.

Regards,

---Satish

balaji_pichaimuthu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Thanks for your reply,

I understand that B2B is like connecting different business which has different landscape.. normally i create business systems under service without party. if we need to create B2B scenario we have to create the business systems or business services with a party.

But what i meant to ask that what are the system requirements if i need to b2b scenario.. Im using PI 7. 0 .. my server is placed somewhere in US.

Regards,

Balaji

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check this:

Specifically check the blog # 4157...other blogs are also equally good like the one by Shabarish....

For the complete list: https://forums.sdn.sap.com/search.jspa?threadID=&q=%22B2B%22&objID=f44&dateRange=all&numResults=15&r...

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Business-to-business

Business-to-business (B2B) describes commerce transactions between businesses, such as between a manufacturer and a wholesaler, or between a wholesaler and a retailer. So are B2C & B2G..

One of the partners involved in your integration is external to your landscape.. So B2B scenario's would involve security (HTTPs, FTPs by Encyptions, security certifiacates) or documents being exchanged (EDI- EDIFACT, ANSI-X12, or other industry standards like RNIF, CIDX...) that don't generally happen in an A2A landsacpe or integration between inter-company systems.

It has not much to do with Business systems or Business services per se.... Its more to whom you are interacting & how you are interacting...

Search for the blogs of Kevin Benedict & B2B on SDN, you would get very good idea of B2B scenarios, challanges

/people/kevin.benedict/blog

-Siva Maranani

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

Technically speaking, there would not be any major difference in the way you design and configure the scenario.

The only major difference is that you will create a Party additionally.

Under the Party, you will define your Business Services.

BUt a a business functionality level, you should understand that the process spans across different business enties and the communication is beyond the firewall limits of your organisation.

REgards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

What exactly you mean by B2B?

It could be done by using several adapters like SOAP,HTTP,FTP etc in general cases.But would require additional adapter/adapter modules to connect to other systems like FTP VAN,AS2 server etc.

what is your exact requirement,please specify

Thanks

Aamir